Is science making men obsolete?

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, this article is not good news. It reports that a new technology exists that could be used to create babies of mass destruction.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
:eek:

http://www.nature.com/nsu/040419/040419-8.html

This isn't good news. I hope Bush does something right and quickly bans this. (From an inside source, I heard this technology can be used to create babies of mass destruction)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
O well, I guess somebody can delete this thread then.

OMG! You are already the 4th to start this.. the men are getting nervous, aren't they? :tongue:

Yes, Very Nervous. :frown:

Monique said:
OMG! You are already the 4th to start this.. the men are getting nervous, aren't they? :tongue:

I'd tend to think women are getting nervous. With men gone, who will open pickel jars?! :wink:

The lesbians must be dancing in the streets.

ShawnD said:
With men gone, who will open pickel jars?! :wink:
A bull dike on a hunting expedition, or any member of the 1976 East German Women's Olympic Swim Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I;m not sure why anyone should care...you take a mutant female with manparts and viola, it reproduces like a man. I don't see how it's even news.

Because it is not a mutant female with man parts. It is important news since it is also a step closer to cloning. Still the success rate is very low, out of 410 or so tries, only 10 babies were born, of which only 1 survived to adulthood. What they did is fuse two female eggs, one of them was mutant to change the gene imprinting signature. Noone knew what happens if you change the imprinting signature and try to fertilize it.

I feel so...useless

jk

yeah but the question remains for women, would you rather be inseminated like that or screwed? lol.

our ability to be blunt would be sorely missed, lol.

Tequila it makes me happy! eh jimmy!

lol. And the rest.

ShawnD said:
I'd tend to think women are getting nervous. With men gone, who will open pickel jars?! :wink:
shawn i think you are unaware of the conspiracy of us men to make pickel jars damn so hard to open.

anyway, now you know :cool:

1. How does science make men obsolete?

Science does not make men obsolete. It is a common misconception that science is responsible for the decline of men in society. In reality, scientific advancements have benefited both men and women, and have not made either gender obsolete.

2. What evidence is there to support the idea that science makes men obsolete?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that science makes men obsolete. In fact, statistics show that men are still very much present and valued in the scientific community. While there may be a decrease in certain traditional male-dominated fields, this does not mean that men are becoming obsolete in society as a whole.

3. Does the idea of "science makes men obsolete" have any basis in biology?

No, there is no basis in biology for the idea that science makes men obsolete. Biology does not dictate societal roles or gender dynamics. Scientific advancements and developments are a result of human curiosity and innovation, not biological determinism.

4. Are there any benefits to society if men were to become obsolete due to science?

No, there are no benefits to society if men were to become obsolete due to science. Gender equality and diversity are essential for a healthy and functioning society. The idea of one gender becoming obsolete goes against the values of equality and inclusivity.

5. Is there any truth to the fear that science will lead to the extinction of men?

No, there is no truth to this fear. The idea that science will lead to the extinction of men is unfounded and based on false assumptions. Science is constantly evolving and adapting, and it is not a force that can dictate the existence or extinction of a particular gender.