What will happen at the 2004 Democratic Convention?

• News
  • Thread starter schwarzchildradius
  • Start date
In summary, in the 2004 Presidential election, after months of campaigning and debates, Bush was re-elected by a landslide against Dean. However, it was later revealed that the states that Bush won all used voting machines without paper receipts, leading to suspicion of election fraud. Despite investigations and proof of rigging, nothing happens and Bush is selected once again. Some suggest that Gore should be re-elected or that Clarke should be Dean's running mate, but it is unclear what will happen in the 2004 election. There are also reports of Republicans supporting Dean, causing confusion and speculation about their true motives. Ultimately, it is uncertain how the Democratic primary votes will be evaluated and what the outcome of the election will be.

If the next election is a fraud, what will happen?

• Civil war. Democratic party outlawed. Democratic cities used as concentration camps

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Massive civil disorder crushed by black-clad 'police.' Martial law declared. Bush becomes first out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sporatic protests subdued under heel of local cops. protest fails, peace resumes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No meaningful protests, Bush glibly continues reign, repeals 22nd amendment

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Legal challenges against the president are successful, Bush defeated.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Bush Impeached, recount unfeasable- Russian style re-vote without Diebold machines

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
schwarzchildradius
Picture this scenario: November 2004. After months of mud-slinging and scripted 'debates,' Bush is re-elected in a landslide against Dean. However, in a subsequent investigation, it is revealed that all the states he won used Diebold voting machines with no paper reciepts. Every state that did not use the voting machines went to Dean. After Bush is sworn into office, investigators discover proof that the machines were rigged and the voting results are fraudulent.
What is the result?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
Picture this scenario: November 2004. After months of mud-slinging and scripted 'debates,' Bush is re-elected in a landslide against Dean. However, in a subsequent investigation, it is revealed that all the states he won used Diebold voting machines with no paper reciepts. Every state that did not use the voting machines went to Dean. After Bush is sworn into office, investigators discover proof that the machines were rigged and the voting results are fraudulent.
What is the result?
Nothing. The media will support Bush, the Supreme Court will support Bush, and Bush will be selected once again.

RE-Elect Gore in 2004!

Bushies steal election in 2004, nothing happens immediately, but Bush's chickens (tax cuts, alienation of allies, etc. etc.) come home to roost in his second term. Rising indignation. Amendment requiring paper trails in voting passes quickly both in congress and the states. More chickens come in. Great world depression. Terrorists everywhere. Washington D.C. is nuked, and nobody knows by whom. Revolution of the army. Military government says 2008 elections postponed. Supreme Court bows to crisis. That's it for the U.S. of A.

Originally posted by Zero
Nothing. The media will support Bush, the Supreme Court will support Bush, and Bush will be selected once again.

RE-Elect Gore in 2004!

I don't think Gore will be running anytime soon, he already endorsed Howard Dean.
Another article I read is the Republicans will portray Dean as this left wing liberal so as to lower his chances. Karl Rove was alleged to be rallying support for Dean because he believes of all the candidates, Dean is less likely to win against Bush.

It will be an interesting year..

Last edited:
I've heard that some republicans are supporting Dean financially, because of course they want to see Bush destroy him. In 1932, Republicans helped FDR win the nomination because they wanted to see Hoover destroy him. Ironic thing is, Clarke's probably the best man for the job, but doesn't have the ability to humiliate Bush in a debate that Dean does, and sooo many Democrats want to see that happen.

There was a New York Times article, Republicans for Dean.
You're right. Clarke is strong on National Security as well, being a West Point graduate, Rhodes scholar, former general. But he doesn't have the feistyness and aggressiveness that Dean has. Bush will crush him in the debate.

I think Dean should pick him as his vice-president, what Dean lack in security, Clarke can provide it they will balance each other out.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't do absurd hypotheticals. However, if I were president...

http://www.hermes-press.com/HDean/dean_republican.htm [Broken]
The Fantasy of Rove As Cheerleader for Dean

Some progressives and liberals were perplexed by Karl Rove's July 4th seemingly off-the-cuff cheering for the Dean campaign. As a dozen backers of Dean marched in the 37th annual Palisades Citizens' Association parade, the Washington Post reported, Rove told a companion (GOP state Sen. Teel Bivins of Texas, according to the Dallas Morning News): "Heh, heh, heh. Yeah, that's the one we want. How come no one is cheering for Dean?" Then Rove urged the marchers and onlookers: "Come on, everybody! Go, Howard Dean!"

Rove later told the Morning News that he had made the remarks "with a sense of irony."

If you keep in mind that Karl Rove is the Bush junta's top propagandist, you won't waste any time puzzling over the supposed esoteric meaning of his remarks. Michelle Mitchell went to the extreme of a double-flip in a CNN interview, "If Karl Rove said that the sky was blue, I think I'd double-check, actually. . . . If he's saying he wants Howard Dean, then you know what? I'd be double-checking to see, well, why is he saying this? Maybe he really doesn't want Howard Dean. I would really be looking into anything that he happens to say."

You get the image of Karl Rove as the Evil Villain, twirling his mustache and chortling insanely to himself. Instead of wasting time trying to read Spin Meister Rove's mind, you only have to see what kind of media attention the Republican-owned media are giving Dean and then compare that with the reality of who Dean really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
you only have to see what kind of media attention the Republican-owned media are giving Dean and then compare that with the reality of who Dean really is.
Or just listen to Dean and get really confused :wink: I think Deans real problem is that he appears to be a verbal thinker...and you just can't blurt out these oddities and then correct them afterward..depending on the goodwill of the public and media to understand...what you really meant.

Originally posted by kat
Or just listen to Dean and get really confused :wink: I think Deans real problem is that he appears to be a verbal thinker...and you just can't blurt out these oddities and then correct them afterward..depending on the goodwill of the public and media to understand...what you really meant.
Why not? Bush blurts out lies and then corrects them later, and he seems to do ok.

Are you aware that the primary votes on the Democratic side will be evaluated through proportional representation by congressional district? This means that Carol Mosley Brown et al. will have votes to deal with at the convention. There is an outside but conceivable chance of a brokered convention, when "Anybody but Dean" meets "Dean and only Dean" with close votes. And who would be the choice of a brokered convention? (No not Hillary!).

So then Gore's dilemma is, should he support the little guys and boost the anti-Dean vote, or the opposite? He is a very smart guy, and I'll bet he has it all worked out.

But whatever, the nomination is going to be more complex than Dean beats Clark in (name your state).

1. What is the purpose of the 2004 Democratic Convention?

The 2004 Democratic Convention is held every four years to officially nominate the Democratic Party's presidential and vice presidential candidates for the upcoming election.

2. Who will be attending the 2004 Democratic Convention?

Delegates from all 50 states, as well as representatives from U.S. territories and Democrats living abroad, will attend the 2004 Democratic Convention. Elected officials, party leaders, and special guests are also expected to attend.

3. What major events will take place at the 2004 Democratic Convention?

The main event at the 2004 Democratic Convention is the nomination of the party's presidential and vice presidential candidates. Other events include speeches from party leaders and prominent Democrats, as well as the adoption of the party's platform.

4. How are the presidential and vice presidential candidates chosen at the 2004 Democratic Convention?

The Democratic Party uses a system of primary elections and caucuses to determine the majority of its delegates for the convention. These delegates then vote for their preferred candidates at the convention, with the winner being chosen as the party's nominee.

5. What impact will the 2004 Democratic Convention have on the upcoming election?

The 2004 Democratic Convention serves as a platform for the party to showcase its values and policies, as well as to unify its members behind the chosen candidates. It can also generate media attention and momentum for the party's campaign leading up to the election.