Solve Maths Sequences & Series - Get Passing Grade Now

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with the last 5 questions in their math assignment. The questions involve finding the possible values for n and the nth partial sum, as well as solving a geometric ratio and an arithmetic problem. The person speaking is concerned that if the individual asking for help does not understand these concepts, they should not pass maths.
ertagon2
Can someone help me with these. These are the last 5 questions that I have to do and if I get them right I pass maths.
View attachment 8065

Attachments

• maths62_1.png
    maths62_1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 74
Physics news on Phys.org
ertagon2 said:
Can someone help me with these. These are the last 5 questions that I have to do and if I get them right I pass maths.
Do you mean to say you can't do 2 and 4?? What are the possible values for n? Do you know what an nth partial sum is?

Hint: 3 is a geometric ratio. What is the sum for this?

-Dan

If, as you appear to be saying, you know nothing at all about these problems, why should you pass maths?

The second problem asks you to find \(\displaystyle \sum_{n=0}^4 (n-1)^2\). Do you know what that means? If you do then this is a simple arithmetic problem. If you do not then you should Not pass maths!

Related to Solve Maths Sequences & Series - Get Passing Grade Now

1. How can I solve math sequences and series?

To solve math sequences and series, you can use various methods such as finding the common difference or ratio, using formulas, or using algebraic equations. It is important to carefully analyze the given sequence or series and determine the appropriate method to use.

2. What is the difference between a sequence and a series in math?

A sequence is a list of numbers that follow a pattern, while a series is the sum of all the terms in a sequence. In other words, a series is the result of adding up all the terms in a sequence.

3. What is the formula for finding the sum of an arithmetic series?

The formula for finding the sum of an arithmetic series is Sn = n/2[2a + (n-1)d], where Sn is the sum, n is the number of terms, a is the first term, and d is the common difference.

4. How do I know if a given sequence or series is convergent or divergent?

A sequence or series is convergent if its terms approach a finite limit as the number of terms increases. It is divergent if its terms do not approach a limit or if the limit is infinite. Convergence and divergence can be determined by analyzing the behavior of the terms in a sequence or series.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve math sequences and series?

While a calculator can be a helpful tool in solving math sequences and series, it is important to understand the concepts and methods behind solving them. Relying solely on a calculator may not lead to a complete understanding of the problem and its solution.