Help Me Choose the Best Applied Mathematics Research Topic!

In summary, the math professor is requesting a research on an applied mathematics topic, with options including delayed differential equations, population, fingerprint recognition, DNA, and cryptography. The student is interested in cryptography but is unsure of which topic to choose, as the research carries bonus points. They are seeking help in choosing a topic and have been provided with resources such as the CACR and Simon Singh's website.
ahmad
The math prof. is requesting a research on an applied mathematics topic, he suggested some topics like:

1- Delayed Diffrential Equations and Their Apps
2- Population
3- Fingerprint Recognition
4- DNA
5- Cryptography

I like cryptography but I'm still confused about which topic to choose. I need to make this research as complete and perfect as possible because I badly need most of its bonus points. Help me choose, and remember PF (YOU) is going to be my place to ask questions on the research and seek resources.
Note that the bigger the research is going to be, the more points I'm going to have.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the importance of choosing the right applied mathematics research topic?

The right applied mathematics research topic can have a significant impact on the results and success of your research. It can determine the relevance and practicality of your findings, as well as the potential for future applications of your work.

2. How do I identify a suitable research topic in applied mathematics?

To identify a suitable research topic, you should start by exploring the current trends and gaps in the field of applied mathematics. You can also consult with your peers, mentors, and experts in the field for suggestions and feedback.

3. What factors should I consider when choosing a research topic in applied mathematics?

Some factors to consider when choosing a research topic in applied mathematics include your personal interests and strengths, the availability of resources and data, and the potential for collaboration with other researchers or industries.

4. How can I ensure that my chosen research topic is original and innovative?

To ensure that your research topic is original and innovative, you can conduct a thorough literature review to identify any existing studies or gaps in the field. You can also focus on emerging or interdisciplinary areas in applied mathematics.

5. Can I change my research topic midway through my study?

Yes, it is possible to change your research topic midway through your study. However, it is important to consider the time and resources already invested in your current topic and discuss any changes with your advisor or research team.