Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
Originally asked by J-Man
How many feet per beat could your vehicle go if the propelling stereo has a really good sub-woofer?

Well seeing as the sonic volume per unit squared is in-equvalent to the tweeter subsets accoustic velocity, the number of feet per beat is co-relationally independant of the sub-woofer, as per the tweeter harmonic that fundamentally begats the requsite propulsive drive spacing as per the interactivety of the volume per unit of ear squared, hence we would find that the most basic calculation of Ft/beat needs to be functioned proportianately to the realtivity of the persons listening to the sound as that is inversely squared to the woofers tweetability.

So it probably works out to, about, 42 ! (unless it is Zeppelin, then is the exponent of that)

Is the true translation of the greek word anatomy, as an english word, An-Atom-in-me??

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons

Is the true translation of the greek word anatomy, as an english word, An-Atom-in-me?? [/B]

Actually, it's not a Greek term at all, it was coined by some Italian kid. You see, his mother asked who broke the vase, and he said "a-not-a-me".

Why do clocks run clock-wise?

Originally asked by Mentat

Why do clocks run clock-wise?

Because, the other way, is "clock-stupid"!

Is a Volcanic eruption the Earths way of signing it's "Nom du Plume"?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
Is a Volcanic eruption the Earths way of signing it's "Nom du Plume"?

No, it just has gas. Dropping a few Tums into the volcano should make it feel better.

If the Earth had no moon how would you tell if you were a werewolf?

Originally asked by J-Man

If the Earth had no moon how would you tell if you were a werewolf?

Your canines would hurt everytme the sun set.

The hair on your body would grow constantly, at night.

Your fingernails would be claw like in the evenings.

Your urge to ululate would drive you batty.

And the need to lift a leg at trees would indicate your true canine (K-9) nature!

If a unicorn rides into your life, what do you do with it?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
If a unicorn rides into your life, what do you do with it?
Chop 'im up into unicorn burgers and have a cook-out.
mmmmmmm uniburgers...

If The Simpsons ever ends, (heaven forbid,) should FOX bother broadcasting anything?

Origianlly asked by J-Man

If The Simpsons ever ends, (heaven forbid,) should FOX bother broadcasting anything?

You mean to tell me that they broadcast other shows now??, Huh?? you mean that there are other things on that network besides the Simpsons, Nah your not telling the truth, are ya, your making that up aren't ya!

Will J-Man ever admit that he just made up the Idea that Fox network airs something, other then The Simpsons!

Will J-Man ever admit that he just made up the Idea that Fox network airs something, other then The Simpsons!
I don't think that I won't not never admit nothing.

Why does the double-negative in the phrase, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch", not switch to a positive (i.e. "There is such a thing as a free lunch")?

Origianlly asked by J-Man

Why does the double-negative in the phrase, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch", not switch to a positive (i.e. "There is such a thing as a free lunch")?

Actually it does, all you need do is double negate your income, and you too can be a homeless person who enjoys(?) a free lunch(s).
(Signed; one who knows, nudge, nudge, wink, wink!)

Since there is actually such a thing as a free lunch, why don't more people take avail/inhale of it??

EDIT for space(ing)

Since there is actually such a thing as a free lunch, why don't more people take avail/inhale of it??

While I see nothing wrong with taking inhale of it (whatever that means), I don't think you could fit a full lunch into "a vail".

Why do so many people think that Science is a religion?

Originally asked by mentat

Why do so many people think that Science is a religion?

Because both of them act like they are God!

Why do both of them act like they are God(s)??

Because both of them act like they are God!

Why do both of them act like they are God(s)??

Forgive my digression from the question-answer chain but, what are you referring to, when you say "both of them"?

Originally posted by Mentat
Forgive my digression from the question-answer chain but, what are you referring to, when you say "both of them"?

A commonality of humor, inasmuch as there is, in humanity, a 'common thread of thought' that goes both ways, (friendly and malicious) in seeing either of those entities, as acting, as if they were "Gods".

But I ascribe to the attempt at humor only, forgive the digression, (no harm done) and apologize for any misgivings/perceptions of malice.

But, (to contiue...) am I truly sorry? (Sincere?)

EDIT SP?

But, (to contiue...) am I truly sorry? (Sincere?)
Of course not, don't be silly.
Well, okay, be silly, but be silly in a proactive, pragmatic, and 7 other big words, way.

Or should you be silly in a proactive, pragmatic, and 8 other big words way?

Originally posted by J-Man
Of course not, don't be silly.
Well, okay, be silly, but be silly in a proactive, pragmatic, and 7 other big words, way.

Or should you be silly in a proactive, pragmatic, and 8 other big words way?

Duh, is that a trick question?

Why doesn't the "Evil" Smilie work?

Because we don't want PF to be a member of the axis of evil...

Why are the good guys always "allied" or "coalition" and the bad guys always "axis"?

Originally posted by FZ+
Why are the good guys always "allied" or "coalition" and the bad guys always "axis"?
Because I said so; now finish your vegetables. Your Mother and I work our fingers to the bone so you can eat and grow up healthy, but do you appreciate it? No! You just sit there and ask stupid quetions.

Am I in the right thread?

well that's depend on your definition of "right thread" ...
maybe you are in the left thread :smile:

was that phylosophy [?]

Originally posted by MSI

was that phylosophy [?]

No. it's sly'o'sophistry!

If the "fabric" of space/time is a vacuum, how do you curve a vacuum??

No. it's sly'o'sophistry!

If the "fabric" of space/time is a vacuum, how do you curve a vacuum??

I guess the dumbest thing one could do is scream the truth at you: SPACE IS NOT A VACUUM!

Do you know the origin of a rainbow? :wink:

thats easy it comes from a rainbow flower

can plants tell the time?

Depends, is it wearing a watch?

What time is it anyways?

Originally asked by Hurkyl

What time is it?

Time to buy a watch! (Or, wear the one you have at home in your drawer, or, time to annoy another person with that question, or, time to mind your own business, or, time to get a life, or, time to stop asking what time is it, or, time for me to leave, or,....)

Why do some people scream answers at you, when it never changes the accuracy/inaccuracy of the responce??

maybe you look deaf

why do stupid questions deserve stupid answers?

They don't. But life isn't fair.

What is fair?

Originally posted by FZ+
They don't. But life isn't fair.

What is fair?

Stop yelling at me!

If people speak of the "big inning" of time, do they mean to imply that there will be a "big outing" of time?

Originally asked by Mentat

If people speak of the "big inning" of time, do they mean to imply that there will be a "big outing" of time?

No, just a Big Time!

What is a Big Time?

No, just a Big Time!

What is a Big Time?

The opposite of a small time, duh!

Why is there a "b" at the end of "dumb"?

to confuse the ppl it applies to

why isn't phonetically spelt phonetically?

Originally posted by cmdr_sponge
to confuse the ppl it applies to

why isn't phonetically spelt phonetically?

It's demostrably paradoxical (a Wuliheron-ish answer). Or, because math says so (and Alexander-ish answer).

Why do people consider the heart to be the "seat of motivation"?

Originally posted by Mentat
It's demostrably paradoxical (a Wuliheron-ish answer). Or, because math says so (and Alexander-ish answer).

Why do people consider the heart to be the "seat of motivation"?

well, what would you like to call it? the 'chair of motivation'?

where do babies come from?

Originally posted by maximus
where do babies come from?

Just add water to baby powder.

Why can't you hear colors?

Originally posted by Tom
Just add water to baby powder.

Why can't you hear colors?

for the exact same reason that you can't see sound!

why is hot water hot instead of cold?

Originally askes by Maximus

why is hot water hot instead of cold?

Well, in the case Hot V Cold (#456 C SCUSA) the jury was apprised of the accusation of prejudice that arose from the hot water accusing the cold water of actually not being cold enough, the rebuttal from the hot water was to deride the reputation of the cold water is such a manner as to impose upon the 17th amendement rights, of said cold water, as to ensure that the allegation of the inferance of the "non temperate" nature of the water was to be examined by a physicist, an expert in the field of water temperature, so pending the outcome of the final assessment of the assay of the true state of the waters nature, this question cannot be stupidly responded to, aside from the legal implications, to this author, for the possibilities of breech of temporal trust in his blatant, and oh so public, display of disrespect towards such a thermal fluid issue.

Oooooops, this just in, it seems that a restraining order has been placed upon any further explanation of the jurisprudence that is being set, in this particularily contentious issue between hot water and cold water, hence, futher discourse upon siad matter will be met with the force of law as to ensure that all legalities are maintained to the fullest extent of the laws legal ability to extend the long arm of the law pertaining to said allegation of frigidity with respect to the heated matter, order # 398275647384595066003038075497-j-485756393 part; 'c' section, 42

Is that about the longest 'non responce' I could think of?

Last edited:
Is that about the longest 'non responce' I could think of?
No, you just don't like typing too much.

How many nits could a nit-picker pick if a nit-picker could pick nits?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.