Solve Derivative of Integral with F(x) - SnowPatrol Yahoo Answers

In summary, the derivative of the integral F(x) is equal to -sin(x)e^(cos^2(x))-cos(x)e^(sin^2(x)) and F'(0) is equal to -1.
MarkFL
Gold Member
MHB
Here is the question:

Derivative of integral?

F(x) = integral of e^(t^2)dt (upper limit = cosx, lower limit = sinx)
Now find F'(x) at x=0

HOW DO I SOLVE THIS :O

Okay so this is what I did,
solve integration, answer is [e^(t^2)]/2t
[2t is the derivative of power(t^2), you're suppose to DIVIDE the integration by the derivative, riiight?]

I put t=cosx, t=sinx
So, it becomes

e^({cosx}^2)]/2cosx - e^({sinx}^2)]/2cosx

Now I take its derivative...
which turns out to be very complicated so I think I'm doing it wrong, because it is supposed to be not-so-long.

THIS IS THE ANSWER GIVEN AT THE BACK:
Answer:
F ′(x)=exp (cos2 (x)) ·−sin (x)−exp (sin2 (x)) · cos (x) by FTOC
F ′(0)=exp (1) · 0−exp (0) · 1=−1

NOW HOLD ON A SECOND.
ISNT DERIVATIVE OF AN INTEGRAL, THE FUNCTION ITSELF? YESSSS.

OKAY, BUT THE DERIVATIVE AND INTEGRAL DONT UMMM CANCEL OUT TILL THE dx/dy/dt IS SAME WITH DERIVATIVE AND INTEGRATION!

Okay, I somehow solved the question B) *pat pat*
Can someone tell me how do i write this down on my paper?? o_O

I have posted a link there to this thread so the OP can view my work.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hello SnowPatrol,

We are given:

\(\displaystyle F(x)=\int_{\sin(x)}^{\cos(x)} e^{t^2}\,dt\)

And we are asked to find $F'(0)$.

By the FTOC and the Chain Rule, we have:

\(\displaystyle \frac{d}{dx}\int_{g(x)}^{h(x)} f(t)\,dt=f(h(x))\frac{dh}{dx}-f(g(x))\frac{dg}{dx}\)

Applying this formula, we find

\(\displaystyle F'(x)=-\sin(x)e^{\cos^2(x)}-\cos(x)e^{\sin^2(x)}\)

Hence:

\(\displaystyle F'(0)=-\sin(0)e^{\cos^2(0)}-\cos(0)e^{\sin^2(0)}=0-1=-1\)

Related to Solve Derivative of Integral with F(x) - SnowPatrol Yahoo Answers

1. What is the derivative of an integral with a function, F(x)?

The derivative of an integral with a function, F(x), is simply the original function, F(x). This is because the integral undoes the effect of the derivative, so taking the derivative of an integral with a function results in the original function.

2. Can you explain the process of solving a derivative of an integral with F(x)?

To solve a derivative of an integral with F(x), you can apply the fundamental theorem of calculus. This means taking the derivative of the integral, and then plugging in the original function F(x) for the variable of integration. The result will be the original function F(x).

3. How can I use the derivative of an integral with F(x) in real-world applications?

The derivative of an integral with F(x) is useful in many real-world applications, such as calculating the rate of change of a quantity over time. It can also be used in physics to find the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object.

4. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when solving a derivative of an integral with F(x)?

One common mistake to avoid is forgetting to take the derivative of the integral itself, and simply plugging in the original function F(x) for the variable of integration. Another mistake to watch out for is mixing up the limits of integration when applying the fundamental theorem of calculus.

5. Can you provide an example of solving a derivative of an integral with F(x)?

Sure, let's say we have the integral ∫x^2 dx with the function F(x) = x^2. To solve for the derivative, we first take the derivative of the integral, which is simply x^2. Then, we plug in the original function F(x) for the variable of integration, which gives us x^2. Therefore, the derivative of the integral with F(x) = x^2 is x^2.