Solve Constant Alpha's in Images: Help to Understand and Get Unstuck

In summary: Additionally, you can use an online $\LaTeX$ editor such as Overleaf to create and format your equations and then copy and paste them into your post.In summary, the conversation discusses how to properly write mathematical notation using $\LaTeX$ on this platform. Links and resources are provided to help the person asking the question better understand how to use $\LaTeX$ and write their equations directly.
yakin
The book answer is 1, 3 and -2. I can't figure how they got it? Please help to understand and help me to get through where i got stuck.

Please look at images from bottom page to top page(where you see crossing on a page)

Attachments

• partC.jpg
    partC.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 48
  • partB.jpg
    partB.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 45
  • partA.jpg
    partA.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 44
Physics news on Phys.org
You have correctly found that the characteristic root is $r=-1$ of multiplicity 3, however, you have not properly dealt with the fact that the root is repeated. Since this root is of multiplicity 3, the closed-form will be:

\(\displaystyle a_n=c_1(-1)^n+c_2n(-1)^n+c_3n^2(-1)^n=(-1)^n\left(c_1+c_2n+c_3n^2 \right)\)

Thank you for your feedback. I noticed that. I forgot to stick "n" in the general form of the solution with the repeated roots. Thanks though!

Question: How do you write maths directly with correct notation here? I have to take pics of my work and then upload the pics.

yakin said:
Question: How do you write maths directly with correct notation here? I have to take pics of my work and then upload the pics.

We have $\LaTeX$ implemented here to allow writing mathematical expressions.

Here is a link to a thread containing a pdf tutorial written by one of our staff:

http://mathhelpboards.com/latex-tips-tutorials-56/math-help-boards-latex-guide-pdf-1142.html

Hello,

I understand that you are having trouble understanding how to solve Constant Alpha's in images and how to get unstuck. I will do my best to explain the solution and help you understand it.

First, let's define Constant Alpha's. Constant Alpha's refer to a set of numbers that are multiplied by a variable in an image. In other words, they are constants that are multiplied by a variable in an image.

Now, let's look at the solution provided in the book, which is 1, 3, and -2. These numbers refer to the constants that are being multiplied by a variable in the image. In order to understand how these numbers were obtained, we need to look at the images from bottom page to top page.

When we look at the bottom page, we see that there is a number that is being multiplied by a variable. This number is referred to as the constant alpha. In this case, the constant alpha is 1. Moving up to the next page, we see that there is another constant alpha, which is 3. Finally, when we reach the top page, we see that there is a constant alpha of -2.

To get unstuck, you need to understand that these numbers are constants that are being multiplied by a variable in the image. By looking at the images from bottom page to top page, we can identify the constant alpha's and solve the problem.

I hope this explanation helps you understand and get through where you were stuck. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Related to Solve Constant Alpha's in Images: Help to Understand and Get Unstuck

What is a constant alpha in images?

A constant alpha in images refers to the transparency value of a pixel. It is used to determine how much of the image behind the pixel should be visible.

Why is it important to solve constant alpha's in images?

Solving constant alpha's in images is important because it allows for accurate and realistic rendering of transparent objects in digital images. It ensures that the correct amount of background is shown through the transparent areas of an image, resulting in a more visually appealing image.

How can I understand the concept of constant alpha's in images?

To understand constant alpha's in images, it is important to have a basic understanding of the RGB color model and how it is used to represent colors in digital images. Additionally, familiarizing yourself with image editing software and experimenting with different transparency levels can help in understanding the concept.

What are some common challenges when solving constant alpha's in images?

Some common challenges when solving constant alpha's in images include determining the correct transparency levels for each pixel, ensuring that the background is properly displayed, and maintaining consistency in transparency throughout the image.

What techniques can be used to get unstuck when solving constant alpha's in images?

One technique is to break down the image into smaller sections and focus on solving the constant alpha's one section at a time. Another technique is to use image editing software that has tools specifically designed for handling transparency, such as a transparency brush or gradient tool.