Problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader

• Thread starter Pauly Man
  • Start date
In summary, Adobe Acrobat Reader has a feature that utilizes the narrator in Windows to read PDF files at a rate of 150+ words per minute, but the input box only allows a range of 150-650 words per minute. This makes it difficult to understand the documents at such a fast speed. However, this issue has been resolved with Windows 10.
Pauly Man
I have just found something in adobe acrobat reader that i think is awesome. It utilises the narrator in windows to read pdf files. However when i use it it reads at a rate of 150+ words per minute! I tried to get it to read slower, but the input box puts up a message informing me that the value must be between 150 and 650 words per minute. Now I don't know about you, but I can't understand a damn word when it reads my documents at that speed. It was a good idea to put this feature in, but maybe they should have thought it through a little better, as noi-one will use this feature in its current state. (Unless of course its just my version of adobe acrobat reader that has this problem).

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. What is Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free software developed by Adobe Inc. that allows users to view, print, and annotate PDF documents.

2. Why can't I open PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that your Adobe Acrobat Reader is not up to date. Another reason could be that the PDF file is corrupted. It is also possible that there is a problem with your computer's settings or the file itself.

3. How do I update Adobe Acrobat Reader?

To update Adobe Acrobat Reader, open the software and go to Help > Check for Updates. If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it. You can also set the software to automatically check for updates.

4. Can I edit PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader?

No, Adobe Acrobat Reader is primarily used for viewing and printing PDF files. To edit PDF files, you will need a different software, such as Adobe Acrobat DC.

5. Is Adobe Acrobat Reader safe to download and use?

Yes, Adobe Acrobat Reader is a reputable and widely used software. However, as with any software, it is important to download it from the official Adobe website to ensure its safety and avoid any potential malware or viruses.