Solve 500 Right or Wrong Questions: 0.3054936364*10^-148% Probability

• Thread starter ahmedhassan72
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Riddle
In summary, if you have 500 right or wrong questions and you solve them all randomly, the probability of solving them all correctly is approximately 0.3054936364 * 10^-148 percent. This is assuming that each question has a 50-50 chance of being answered correctly and that the questions are not multiple choice or essay type. If each question is multiple choice with 5 possible answers, the probability of answering them all correctly would be (0.2)^500.
ahmedhassan72
If you have 500 questions (put right or wrong questions) and you will solve them all randomly as you don't know the answer so what is your probability to solve them all right?
express answer as e.g 1.5*10^-2
( don't think to try combinations one by one)

You can easily solve that 2 right or wrong questions have 2 answer probabilities, 3 right or wrong or wrong questions have 8 answer probabilities , and so on... so the number of combinations which you can get =number of one question probabilities * number of questions
so 500 questions combinations = 2^500 ( can't be solved by most calculators)
so let 2^500 =x
so log 2^500 = log x
so 500log 2 =log x
so x=10^(500log2)
=10^150.5149978
=10^150 * 10^5149978
=3.273390608 * 10^150
probability of solving them all right = 1/(3.273390608* 10^150) *100 =
=======0.3054936364 * 10 ^-148 percent
( i imagined of that problem and i solved it so it may be wrong)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Quite right you are!

Have you covered this in school yet, or is maths also a hobby for you?

no i a haven't covered it in school that riddle is mine and maths is my best hobby

You are assuming that in "answering them all randomly" you have a 50-50 chance of getting anyone correct. That would be true only in "True-False" questions. If each question were multiple choice with 5 possible answers, the probability of answering one correctly by choosing at random would be 0.2 and the probability of answering them all correctly would be (0.2)500. If the questions were "essay" type, there is no way of figuring the probability of answering anyone of them correctly.

But, ahmedhassan DID make the assumption of (right or wrong) questions at the start.
Although I agree that this is ambiguous (since 4 wrongs and 1 right might be called a "right and wrong"-question!), I gave him the benefit of doubt.

One of these days I really should learn to read.

Related to Solve 500 Right or Wrong Questions: 0.3054936364*10^-148% Probability

1. What is the significance of the probability in the title?

The probability in the title, 0.3054936364*10^-148%, represents the likelihood of randomly solving 500 right or wrong questions. It is an incredibly small probability, indicating that it is highly unlikely for someone to solve 500 questions correctly or incorrectly by chance alone.

2. How was the probability calculated?

The probability was most likely calculated using a statistical method, such as the binomial distribution, which takes into account the number of trials and the probability of success for each trial. It is also possible that it was calculated using a computer simulation.

3. Is it possible to solve exactly 500 questions correctly or incorrectly?

While it is technically possible to solve exactly 500 questions correctly or incorrectly, the probability of this happening by chance alone is extremely low. It is much more likely that the number of correct or incorrect answers will deviate from 500.

4. How accurate is the probability?

The accuracy of the probability depends on the accuracy of the data and assumptions used in its calculation. If the data is representative and the assumptions are valid, then the probability should be relatively accurate. However, there is always a margin of error in any statistical calculation.

5. What is the practical application of this probability?

This probability may be used to assess the likelihood of a person randomly guessing the answers to 500 right or wrong questions. It can also be used to compare the actual number of correct or incorrect answers to what would be expected by chance, which can provide insights into the effectiveness of a test or experiment.