Solution manual for Statistical Mechanics by Pathria

In summary, the individual is asking for help in finding a solution manual for the book "Statistical Mechanics" by Pathria. They have checked Amazon and the publisher, but have not been able to find it. Other forum members suggest trying to work through the problems and asking for help if needed, as solution manuals are not common in the real world of science and engineering. Some individuals have shared links to websites where the manual can be downloaded for a fee, but the original person is looking for a free option. Eventually, someone was able to find the manual and shared it with the group.
saiarun
Can anybody in the forum direct me as to where I can get the solution manual for "Statistical Mechanics" - by Pathria.
Thanking you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I checked Amazon and the publisher (now Elsevier), and they do not list a solutions manual.

It would seem best if you try to work through the problems and PFers will help if you get stuck.

In the real world of science and engineering - there are no solution manuals.

saiarun said:
can anybody in the forum direct me as to where i can get the solution manual for "statistical mechanics" - by pathria.
Thanking you in advance.

we r also searching for the same, if anybody found please send to- nigamsphysics@gmail.com

i am trying to find a Pathria manual too, but a only found sites, where you must to pay to download the files, like this http://ifindfile.com/download/solution-manual-pathria-r-k-statistical-mechanics but i don't want to pay.

I found! Thanx to all...

Ohh!, please saketabi can you say me the site where you found the manual? Thank you!

Related to Solution manual for Statistical Mechanics by Pathria

1. What is a solution manual for Statistical Mechanics by Pathria?

A solution manual for Statistical Mechanics by Pathria is a separate book that provides detailed solutions to the problems presented in the main textbook. It is meant to aid students in understanding and practicing the concepts and techniques taught in the textbook.

2. Is the solution manual necessary for understanding the subject matter?

No, the solution manual is not necessary for understanding the subject matter. It is only meant to supplement the textbook and provide additional practice for students. However, it can be a helpful resource for students who are struggling with certain concepts or want extra practice.

3. Can the solution manual be used for cheating?

No, the solution manual is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used for cheating. It is important for students to work through problems on their own to fully grasp the concepts and principles of statistical mechanics.

4. Are the solutions in the manual guaranteed to be correct?

The solutions provided in the manual are created by the author and are typically checked for accuracy. However, there may be occasional errors. It is always best to consult with a professor or teaching assistant if you are unsure about a solution.

5. Can the solution manual be used as a substitute for studying?

No, the solution manual should not be used as a substitute for studying. It is meant to be used as a supplement to the textbook and should only be consulted after attempting to solve the problems on your own. It is important to actively engage with the material and seek help from professors or peers if needed.