Solubility problem dissociation

In summary, solubility problem dissociation is a phenomenon where a solute does not fully dissociate in a solvent, resulting in a lower concentration than expected. It can be caused by various factors and can be measured through different methods. This can have significant implications in various fields and can be prevented or mitigated through careful selection of solvents and techniques.
alingy1
Hi,

Can you look at the answers sheet of my notes?

There seems to be a mistake with the maximum solubility of PbI2. Why do they not divide by two? I get 0.000187M.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 7.08.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 7.08.40 PM.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 447
Physics news on Phys.org
I understood my mistake in the process of publishing. Admin: please close it!

Related to Solubility problem dissociation

1. What is solubility problem dissociation?

Solubility problem dissociation is a phenomenon in which a solute (substance being dissolved) does not fully dissociate (break apart) in a solvent (substance doing the dissolving). This results in a lower concentration of the solute in the solution than what would be expected based on its solubility.

2. What causes solubility problem dissociation?

Solubility problem dissociation can be caused by a variety of factors, including temperature, pressure, and pH. It can also be affected by the nature of the solute and solvent, such as their molecular structures and interactions.

3. How is solubility problem dissociation measured?

Solubility problem dissociation can be measured by comparing the expected solubility of a solute to the actual concentration of the solute in the solution. This can be done through various methods, such as titration or spectrophotometry.

4. What are the implications of solubility problem dissociation?

Solubility problem dissociation can have significant implications in various fields, including pharmaceuticals, environmental science, and biochemistry. It can affect the efficacy of drugs, the behavior of pollutants in the environment, and the accuracy of experimental results.

5. Can solubility problem dissociation be prevented?

Solubility problem dissociation can be prevented by carefully selecting the solvent and conditions for dissolving a solute. It can also be mitigated by using techniques such as sonication or adding co-solvents to improve solubility. However, in some cases, solubility problem dissociation may be inherent to the nature of the solute and cannot be completely prevented.