Solubility of tungstic acid-Need Help

• Thread starter jkus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Solubility
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of preparing thin films of WO3 and composite TiO2/WO3 using spray pyrolysis onto glass substrates. The need for a common non-aqueous solvent for both precursors is mentioned, and the suggestion of using ethoxide sources and the sol-gel process is made. The speaker also mentions seeing a similar query on the ScienceMadness forum.
jkus
Hi
I want to prepare thin films of WO3 by spray pyrolysis (thermal decomposiiotn) onto the glass substrates. After I want to deposit composite TiO2/WO3 thin films by the same technique. I have already prepared TiO2 thin films from methanolic solution. Now to prepare Composite film, it is necessary that the precursors of TiO2 and WO3 should have one common solvent in which they could dissolve completely. So I need one common non-aqueous solvent for WO3 and TiO2.

Any help would be appreciated

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Change your tungsten and titanium source to the ethoxide (tungsten ethoxide and titanium ethoxide) and use the sol gel process. Pyrolysis of the sol-gel coating will give you the result you are looking for.

Didn't I see you post this query over on ScienceMadness?

Related to Solubility of tungstic acid-Need Help

1. What is tungstic acid and why is its solubility important?

Tungstic acid is a compound composed of tungsten and oxygen. Its solubility is important because it affects the compound's properties and potential uses in various industries.

2. What factors can affect the solubility of tungstic acid?

The solubility of tungstic acid can be affected by temperature, pH, and the presence of other substances in the solution.

3. How can I determine the solubility of tungstic acid?

The solubility of tungstic acid can be determined experimentally by measuring the amount of the compound that dissolves in a given amount of solvent under specific conditions.

4. What is the solubility of tungstic acid in water?

The solubility of tungstic acid in water is dependent on temperature and pH. At room temperature and neutral pH, it has a low solubility of about 0.04 g/L.

5. How can I increase the solubility of tungstic acid?

The solubility of tungstic acid can be increased by adjusting the temperature, pH, or by using a co-solvent. It can also be converted into a more soluble form, such as an ammonium salt or a complex with other metals.