Solar system on my date of Birth

In summary, this website provides an overview of the solar system as it was in 1982, but it is not very precise. There is a free night sky simulation software called Stellarium available online that can show you the night sky as seen from Earth. I think it's a good link, but it only goes back to 1990. Lastly, I think astrology is nonsense and should be critically examined.
sabrina82
Hi everyone,

i'm looking for a website that can show me how the solar system was in place the minute i was born. November 6, 1982 6:32 a.m.

I found this website but i don't know how precise it is.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar

please let me know!

thanks.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
it's a great link but only goes back to 1990. do you have any others?

sabrina82 said:
it's a great link but only goes back to 1990. do you have any others?

There is free night sky simulation software called Stellarium available for download online. It can show you the night sky as seen from Earth, but I don't think it has other vantage points. What do you need this for?

i just want to see how they were aligned on my date of birth.
the address that i lised seems pretty good but i have nothing to compare it too.

sabrina82 said:
i just want to see how they were aligned on my date of birth.
the address that i lised seems pretty good but i have nothing to compare it too.

Your motivations sound suspiciously (and dishearteningly) astrological.

I would advise you not to waste your time. I think a certain TV character said it best:

From the first episode of The Big Bang Theory:

Leonard: So, tell us about you.
Penny: Um, me? Okay - I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.
Sheldon: Yes - it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.

Astrology is utter nonsense. Think critically and scientifically about it. In order for scientific hypotheses to be meaningful, they must be testable. In fact they must be falsifiable (i.e. they must be able to be shown to be false by means of empirical testing). Most of the predictions made by astrologers in horoscopes are sufficiently vague, that they are not falsifiable statements. As a result, there is no means by which they can be tested experimentally. If a prediction cannot be shown to be false, it's not meaningful or useful as a prediction, and by definition it is not scientific.

Another thing to think critically about: what would be the causal mechanism by which your life/destiny would be affected by the positions of celestial bodies? Ans: there is no physical mechanism by which these bodies can influence your life, and hence no grounds for establishing a cause and effect relationship.

come on cephid, you may be right, but better to ask than assume.. the answer to sabrina's question could make for a nice sentimental curio or as a screen background ;) and i love Sheldon and Penny's little tait-a-taits..

narrator said:
come on cephid, you may be right, but better to ask than assume.. the answer to sabrina's question could make for a nice sentimental curio or as a screen background ;) and i love Sheldon and Penny's little tait-a-taits..

Yeah you make a fair point. I shouldn't have assumed what the OP's motives were. At the time, it just didn't seem to me like anyone would want to know about the positions (or, to used the dreaded word, "alignments") of the planets on the date of his/her birth unless if it was under the assumption that it was of some personal significance to his/her life.

In any case, to make up for it, (in case you don't trust the Fourmilab site, which is apparently founded by a programmer named John Walker) here is a European Space Agency link that I found that does allow you to enter 6 November 1982 and to see the solar system on that date. I wasn't sure what timezone the 6:32 am was meant to be in -- you'll have to take that into account and convert it into UTC:

http://orbits.esa.int/orbits/science/app/solar.htm

For me, after going to this URL, a pop up window came up with the Java applet (and it took an unusually long time before this happened).

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys look too much into things. I don't believe in astrology...i just thought it would be interesting to see...and yes i wanted the image so i could print it...nothing more than that. thanks for your help!

I like this one:
http://dd.dynamicdiagrams.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/orrery_2006.swf"

DaleSwanson said:
I like this one:
http://dd.dynamicdiagrams.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/orrery_2006.swf"

That is awesome!

Drakkith said:
That is awesome!

I have to agree that's brilliant, thanks for the link :)

Dave

Related to Solar system on my date of Birth

1. What is the significance of my date of birth in relation to the solar system?

Your date of birth does not have any direct significance in relation to the solar system. However, the position of the planets at the time of your birth may have an impact on your personality according to astrology.

2. How can I find out which planets were present in the solar system on my date of birth?

You can use a planetarium software or website to input your birth date and location to see which planets were visible in the sky on that day. You can also consult an astronomy almanac for the positions of the planets on a specific date.

3. Are there any major events or discoveries in the solar system that happened on my date of birth?

It is unlikely that any major events or discoveries in the solar system happened on your specific date of birth. However, you can research significant events that happened around the time of your birth to see if any relate to the solar system.

4. Can my zodiac sign change based on the solar system on my date of birth?

Your zodiac sign is determined by the position of the Sun in relation to the stars at the time of your birth. This is not affected by the position of other planets in the solar system on your birth date.

5. Is there a specific alignment of planets or celestial bodies that occurs on my date of birth?

It is unlikely that there is a specific alignment of planets or celestial bodies that occurs on your date of birth. However, you can use a planetarium software or website to see the positions of the planets on your birth date and determine if any significant alignments or conjunctions occurred.