Software for drawing simple objects and vectors (free body diagrams)?

In summary, I tried Inkscape and it's horrible... it has no vector drawing tool! I just wonder why so many people reccomend it so please if you were going to reccomend it please don't.
Hernaner28
Hi. I'm looking for a drawing tool which may help me draw simple figures with vectors and angles. I've tried many but they're so complicated... e.g. Photoshop, Power Point, Edraw, and some others. The ideal one would be one which is designed for this... I mean a program that has a tool, for example, which makes you add a vector with a name automatically.. without having to reinsert a text box apart from the vector... Or for example, a tool which adds two lines and a curve between these two indicating the angle θ. I just cannot find one and there are a lot out there. If you know anyone like that please tell me! It would be much easier to post here with my drawings! THANKS!

Physics news on Phys.org
I've just tried Inkscape and it's horrible... it has no vector drawing tool! I just wonder why so many people reccomend it so please if you were going to reccomend it please don't.

Hernaner28 said:
Hi. I'm looking for a drawing tool which may help me draw simple figures with vectors and angles. I've tried many but they're so complicated... e.g. Photoshop, Power Point, Edraw, and some others. The ideal one would be one which is designed for this... I mean a program that has a tool, for example, which makes you add a vector with a name automatically.. without having to reinsert a text box apart from the vector... Or for example, a tool which adds two lines and a curve between these two indicating the angle θ. I just cannot find one and there are a lot out there. If you know anyone like that please tell me! It would be much easier to post here with my drawings! THANKS!

Hernaner28 said:
I've just tried Inkscape and it's horrible... it has no vector drawing tool! I just wonder why so many people reccomend it so please if you were going to reccomend it please don't.

I tried doing a Google Images search on Free Body Diagram Drawing Software, and got what look to be some good hits. I didn't follow the links, but maybe if you have a look, you'll see a package that you didn't know about:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...57l21l21l0l8l8l1l312l2091l0j7j2j1l10l0.cfis.1.

Aw yeah! Believe me, I've been doing image and text search for half an hour and I just cannot believe I cannot find the program when there're so many of them. I expected to find one of these instantly. I'm just asking for vectors tools and that basic kind of stuff. All those images in google search are amazing but they are images which are already done, they are not related to a software drawing page. I really need one, it's extremelly hard to explain my attempt at solution without a diagram. Thanks anyway

I found one which seemed pretty good.. almost perfect.. it's called Ipe. But I downloaded it from sourceforge and I got about five folders and I don't know what to do with them! There's no install file... I read sth that is necessary to compile it. Why do they make things so hard?

Ipe6_screenshot.png

If anyone got it working please tell me how! THANKS!

Last edited:
I got it working and it's amazing! In the page it says all you need. You have to download the libraries apart from it and then you copy them into the directory of Ipe. Now I'm trying to incorporate latex.!

I recommend GeoGebra. It does everything, is free, and easy to use.

http://mathematicalmarvels.webs.com/Geo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Software for drawing simple objects and vectors (free body diagrams)?

1. What is software for drawing simple objects and vectors?

Software for drawing simple objects and vectors is a computer program that allows users to create diagrams and illustrations of basic shapes and vector graphics. These diagrams can be used for various purposes, such as in science, engineering, or mathematics.

2. What are some common features of software for drawing simple objects and vectors?

Some common features of software for drawing simple objects and vectors include the ability to create and manipulate basic shapes, insert text and annotations, and draw lines and arrows to represent vectors. Additionally, many programs offer various tools for customizing the appearance and formatting of the diagrams.

3. Is there any free software for drawing simple objects and vectors?

Yes, there are several free programs available for creating simple objects and vectors. Some popular options include Inkscape, LibreOffice Draw, and Google Drawings. These programs offer similar features to paid software, but with limited functionality and less advanced tools.

4. Can software for drawing simple objects and vectors be used for educational purposes?

Absolutely. Software for drawing simple objects and vectors is often used in educational settings, such as in science or math classes, to help students visualize and understand concepts. These programs can be a valuable tool for creating diagrams and illustrations to aid in learning.

5. Is it necessary to have artistic skills to use software for drawing simple objects and vectors?

No, you do not need to have artistic skills to use software for drawing simple objects and vectors. These programs typically offer a variety of pre-made shapes and tools that make it easy for users to create professional-looking diagrams without any artistic ability. However, having some basic knowledge of shapes, lines, and vectors can be helpful.