Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Social networks [ANSWERED]

daigo

Jun 27, 2012
May I suggest social networking pages for the site (Facebook, Twitter for updates on downtime in case there is any, etc.)

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Re: Social networks

May I suggest social networking pages for the site (Facebook, Twitter for updates on downtime in case there is any, etc.)
Like this ;)

I don't use Twitter so can't tell you if MHB is on there but I guess it is. I would prefer not to have constant reminders of Social Networks on the main page although perhaps put it under MHB Info or even a sticky in a forum

daigo

Jun 27, 2012

Oh, the Facebook link must've been hiding somewhere. I wasn't able to spot it immediately without the trademark Facebook logo

Apparently there is a Twitter link right below it, but I wasn't able to recognize that either without the trademark bird logo

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

If you look at the very top of the MHB page, you will see both links there.

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012

If you look at the very top of the MHB page, you will see both links there.
So they are! Can't say I noticed that until you pointed it out

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Like this ;)

I don't use Twitter so can't tell you if MHB is on there but I guess it is. I would prefer not to have constant reminders of Social Networks on the main page although perhaps put it under MHB Info or even a sticky in a forum
If you are referring to the sideblock on the right of the forums then that box is collapsible and it should remain closed if you stay logged in. I don't want any to worry about any social media pages but it unfortunately seems to be essential in today's online world so we play along. In fact lots of running a website is devoted to how attractive it looks to Google instead of just trying to improve it. That's why there are some really antiquated math sites that were probably coded with all html in 2002 still get major hits from tough keywords.

So once again the days of when webpages were webpages are long gone. Google "seo optimization" when you're bored and try to make sense of all the expert advice and hundreds of very expensive services to buy that spam your site to the right people.