Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Soccermaniacs

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
Is anybody in here a "Soccermaniac"?

.....like me?

Then join me to talk some soccer.

Any other sport?What do you "mathmaniacs" think?

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I like soccer as well . I also like other sports like basketball and volleyball.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
My favorite sports are the events associated with track and field. I also enjoy American football from time to time, as well as Formula 1 racing.

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm an Association Football fan (I can't bring myself to say soccer (Shake)). Sadly though football does not like me as the team I support (Aston Villa) are struggling to stay in the Premier League.

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
I'm an Association Football fan (I can't bring myself to say soccer (Shake)). Sadly though football does not like me as the team I support (Aston Villa) are struggling to stay in the Premier League.
Hey!
You are always welcome to suppot FC Barcelona;) They will never dissapoint you:)
The most amazing goal i ever seen is this one:) (Don't try it at home:p)

Last edited:

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Hey!
You are always welcome to suppot FC Barcelona;) They will never dissapoint you:)
I don't even need to open that link to guess it's Zlatan's goal against England, there is no other goal worthy

ModusPonens

Jun 26, 2012
What is the best team in the world? F.C. Porto! This year we are leting our rival win the championship. They have to win it at least 2 times a decade. One year to another team and the remaining 7 to us. :D

The USA national team is geting better each world cup they participate in. However, the world cup is not a good measure of which are the best teams, since the ones with the best players are also the ones who are also most tired from their national and european championships.

Prometheus

Mar 25, 2013
I don't even need to open that link to guess it's Zlatan's goal against England, there is no other goal worthy
Matt Lowton scored one that isn't far off from this one for your team few hours ago!

Opalg

MHB Oldtimer
Staff member
Feb 7, 2012
Be glad you don't live where I do. Leeds Utd are struggling even to stay in what we used to call the Second Division. (Dull)

Fernando Revilla

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012

agentmulder

Feb 9, 2012
Hey!
3 impossible goals by same player, #2 is my favorite of all time in terms of impossibility.

Roberto Carlos - Top 3 Impossible Goals - YouTube

Here is one scored by coach in a suit!

Dragan Stojkovi

Note to all soccer/football fans... I'm looking for Karl H. Rummenigge bicycle kick in world cup. I think he didn't score but i don't remember, may have been world cup '82 or '86... best bicycle kick execution i ever saw... Balboa bicycle kick for us in '94 a close 2nd... he didn't score either.

If anyone has youtube link for K.H.R bicycle kick please post!

:)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
3 impossible goals by same player, #2 is my favorite of all time in terms of impossibility.

Roberto Carlos - Top 3 Impossible Goals - YouTube

Here is one scored by coach in a suit!

Dragan Stojkovi

Note to all soccer/football fans... I'm looking for Karl H. Rummenigge bicycle kick in world cup. I think he didn't score but i don't remember, may have been world cup '82 or '86... best bicycle kick execution i ever saw... Balboa bicycle kick for us in '94 a close 2nd... he didn't score either.

Roberto Carlos is one of my favourite player :) Indeed they are amazing, Those goal are amazing how he screw (I hope you say so in english, I mean how the ball change dirrection in the air). Tje goal from that coach was pretty amazing and lucky :D

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Be glad you don't live where I do. Leeds Utd are struggling even to stay in what we used to call the Second Division. (Dull)
You mean Sky didn't invent football in 1992 (Giggle)

Fernando Revilla

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012
They made some miss calculating in the math:p
I agree, Barcelona FC should be in the 12th place instead of the fourh one.

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
I agree, Barcelona FC should be in the 12th place instead of the fourh one.
(Shake)(Shake):mad::mad: No way! Jameson where is the disslike button when you need it!:( I hope you misspell and mean Real Madrid:)

Fernando Revilla

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012
By the way, browsing on the net I've found the following abstract from a well-known peer reviewed journal:

Attachments

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Trouble with these best $n$ X of the last Y years is that most people just remember who's won major trophies recently. Obviously, this is out of the scope of this particular award but I would say Swansea's promotions are much more awardworthy than Man United winning another trophy.

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
Oh,Roberto.I am sure the 0 degree goal and the curly one against france in the world cup are included.

Bicycle kicks have become a common thing.

I don't think there are videos of 1980 goals in the Youtube.But you could see bicycle kicks by other players like Rooney,Radamel Falcoa
(check out his goals,he is a super striker),Falcoa(futsal),Gerard Pique,Philip Mexes,Benzema..... and a lot more

See this.The chinese goals will surely end your craze for bicycle kicks.

You could also watch People are Awesome videos on other sports (like basket ball,skydiving,x games...etc).

Really,PEOPLE ARE AWESOME...

- - - Updated - - -

(Shake)(Shake):mad::mad: No way! Jameson where is the disslike button when you need it!:( I hope you misspell and mean Real Madrid:)

FCB's history is not so good.It has emerged as a major team only now.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, browsing on the net I've found the following abstract from a well-known peer reviewed journal:

ON THE MAGNUS EFFECT
Roberto Carlos and Cristiano Ronaldo
Abstract
Suppose we are given a vector . It is well known that t >
p
2. We
show that every super-continuously anti-associative subring is Cava-
lieri, Eudoxus, Cardano and ultra-contravariant. The groundbreaking
work of Y. Lee on manifolds was a major advance. This could shed
important light on a conjecture of Poincare and on the Magnus e ect.
​What the hell is this?

ModusPonens

Jun 26, 2012
I thought the pdf file was about an interesting mathematical phenomenon related fottball. It's about the system of classification. When there was a system where 2 points were atributed to a victory and 1 to the tie, the problem of knowing who was going to be the winner of the league when n rounds were still ahead is plynomial. When the system changed to atributing 3 points to a victory, the problem bacame NP (complete, if I'm not mistaken).

Anyway, continuing on football coolness, here's the most gutsy play in the world ever:

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Then you also got this that I hate....

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Then you also got this that I hate....
Damn you, I was going to go in full of hate but then couldn't stop laughing. Damn you Yakety Sax!

I hate diving because it isn't punished nearly often enough and even then the reward makes it worth the risk. It takes tackling out of the game lest a foul is given and leads to the boring games whereby the ball is passed dozens of times and only has displacement of a few yards. It's far more boring than hoofball.

From a striker's point of view the rewards include: getting a defender/goalkeeper getting sent off, getting a penalty or free kick, stall for time.
Cons are: yellow card leading to a potential red card and conceding possession.

But I used to be a defender so pinch of salt time (Devil)

Edit: I know I'm moaning a lot but I really am glad you made this thread (Giggle)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Damn you, I was going to go in full of hate but then couldn't stop laughing. Damn you Yakety Sax!

I hate diving because it isn't punished nearly often enough and even then the reward makes it worth the risk. It takes tackling out of the game lest a foul is given and leads to the boring games whereby the ball is passed dozens of times and only has displacement of a few yards. It's far more boring than hoofball.

From a striker's point of view the rewards include: getting a defender/goalkeeper getting sent off, getting a penalty or free kick, stall for time.
Cons are: yellow card leading to a potential red card and conceding possession.

But I used to be a defender so pinch of salt time (Devil)

Edit: I know I'm moaning a lot but I really am glad you made this thread (Giggle)
What do you all think about real madrid vs Galatasaray today :p? Can't wait for tomorow cause then it is PSG vs Barcelona =D I hope Galatasaray win and Barcelona but I have always cheer on Zlatan =P I will at least not watch Juventus vs Bayern münchen tomorow =D

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Barcelona vs PSG is warth watching , we will see who wins. Personally I prefer PSG .:cool: