Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Smokers

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
How many of you have smoked cigars/cigarettes? And how old/young were you when you tried them for the first time? Any accounts of mary jane are accounts of a completely different beast.

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
There is no need to be afraid to answer this question. I just saw a bunch of guys smoking outside of the science and mathematics building the other day, and they looked really young. So I wondered when or if any of you sage peoples have smoked?

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Personally , I don't smoke . (Smoking) <-- That doesn't mean smoking does it ? I wonder what does it symbolize ? CONFIDENCE ! .

I see lots of students at my university smoke outsides college buildings. I don't know whether you are trying to find a link between Maths and smoking ?

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I don't smoke either. (Smoking)

jakncoke

Jan 11, 2013
I love smoking, when i think intensenly about something, i will whip out a pack of cig, and go through them like tic tac's.

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
I have been stronghly smoker till to thirty-five...

... then I met a woman which told me : stop smoking otherwise!(Punch)...

... then I stopped smoking (Wasntme)...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

Fernando Revilla

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012

jakncoke

Jan 11, 2013
I have been stronghly smoker till to thirty-five...

... then I met a woman which told me : stop smoking otherwise!(Punch)...

... then I stopped smoking (Wasntme)...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$
I hope this story has a happy ending (Married for 5+ years and loving it or something).

chisigma

Feb 13, 2012
I hope this story has a happy ending (Married for 5+ years and loving it or something).
Unfortunately she wasn't symply 'a woman' but also French and also a lawyer... a to much difficult task for me!(Thinking)... only 5 months and not 5 years!...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
Worth it. Haha!

jakncoke

Jan 11, 2013
Women lawyers scare me man. It is hard enough to win an argument with women, let alone one trained to argue.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I started smoking some in college and while in Russia smoked a ton, but have since really cut down. It's something you can enjoy once you are a smoker but the health risks are so enormous it doesn't make up for it - not even close. I don't recommend it to anyone who isn't already addicted. Save your money and your health.

I'd be interested in knowing if more mathematicians are, on the whole, smokers than the general population.

alane1994

Oct 16, 2012
That would be interesting.

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
There is no need to be afraid to answer this question. I just saw a bunch of guys smoking outside of the science and mathematics building the other day, and they looked really young.
Yes my friends(not so good to call them so) smoke secretly.But honestly,I have never tried and never want to.I can't even bear passive smoking.