Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Small issue with Who's Online

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I just noticed a short while ago, that when viewing Who's Online, the small circular green icon that normally displays next to the title of a topic in which I have participated and that someone is viewing no longer displays.

Now, this is certainly a small issue to me, and I merely bring it up to for the purpose of information, and not any kind of "complaint."

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm not sure if I've ever seen this, Mark. It's always cool to think there are still things I don't know about vB after years using it. Can you find a picture somehow of the icon as you normally see it? If not can you describe it in more detail?

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Here's a screen shot:

Notice in the top line, there is no little green icon to the immediate left of the topic to show that I have participated in that topic, but in the bottom line there is, where a guest is viewing a topic in which I have participated.

It seems to be only in more recent topics that this icon is omitted.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The green check mark means you are subscribed to that thread. I don't know what subscription settings you have so it might be a good idea to start by looking there. You can choose to subscribe to all threads in which you post or all posts in a given forum, so we should figure out what should be seeing. :)

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Ah, that explains it...I recently turned off subscriptions as I found I did not need email notifications. Thank you for clearing this up! :D

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
OH , I see my name :D. I have long been wondering what the plus sign for ZaidAlyafey+?

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
That means you are on my friends list. :D