Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Small Addition to Forum Rule # 7.

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Due to staff discussions, I have added the following small addition to Forum Rule # 7:
It is good etiquette, if you mark your thread as [SOLVED], to post your solution so that others searching MHB will be able to see the solution, and not waste their search time.
Thank you for all you do!

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Due to staff discussions, I have added the following small addition to Forum Rule # 7:
It is good etiquette, if you mark your thread as [SOLVED], to post your solution so that others searching MHB will be able to see the solution, and not waste their search time.
Thank you for all you do!
Is this directed towards me?

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Is this directed towards me?
You're definitely not the only one known to do this from time to time. And please understand, all the staff believe you have made and are making extremely valuable contributions to MHB. I think of Math Notes, lots of great applied math questions, etc.

We're not planning on being heavy-handed with this one, handing out infractions right and left. We're suggesting this, not demanding it. We think it would make MHB a more useful place to all our users, including you. What if you post your solution on MHB, and then all of a sudden you lose your local copy of the solution? Well, you can come back here and get it.

Wilmer

In Memoriam
Mar 19, 2012
Fine