Force of Sub-Atomic Particles with Des Chamberlain

In summary, the conversation is about the concept of "pushing gravity" and how it is an erroneous and easily debunked idea. The idea is that instead of being pulled towards the Earth, we are actually being pushed towards it by a vast sea of sub-atomic particles. However, this theory requires many assumptions and has flaws, such as not being able to explain why we don't float in buildings. The conversation also discusses an experiment being carried out in deep mines to test this theory, as well as a hypothetical scenario with a rod and weights to disprove the concept of pushing gravity.
For reference purpose only http://www.discover.com/issues/oct-03/cover/ the article in question...sorta...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Chen
"Gravity" does propagate. There is this thing called a gravitational field that every mass creates. This field, like the magnetic and electric fields, propagates through space at the speed of light.

http://www.essentialresults.com/article/Speed_of_gravity

I repeat. [tex]c_g[/tex] must be very close to[, but not above,] [tex]c[/tex].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

I repeat. [T]here exists a maximum velocity at which signals can be transmitted.
It is an easy way to repeat another's ideas. But it can lead up at a blind alley.
Try please to explain the following phenomena:

- All forces are subjected to 1/r^2 i.e.- there is a nonlinear dependence on distance between objects;

- The spiral form of galaxies and, seems, of all universe.

I wish you success.

Originally posted by Michael F. Dmitriyev
(SNIP) - All forces are subjected to 1/r^2 i.e.- there is a nonlinear dependence on distance between objects (SNoP)
Humm that is only locally proven to hold true...it might not 'reign' as such as it acts in galactic clusters, or clusterings..."we" don't have any real proof of that just yet...sorta...

Interesting. I have read these posts as well as some of the links.
At least one link say's that it is currently technologically improbable to experimentally determine the "speed" of gravity.
I find that fascinating, because if anyone of us could actually design and implement an acceptable, verifiable experiment to ascertain the speed of gravity, I suppose it would bring "instant fame", and if conducted by a Phd. perhaps even a Nobel prize.
Recognition aside, it would seem that determining the "speed of gravity" is an important and worthwhile endeavor.

I wonder why it is so hard to measure the speed of gravity? Probably because gravity is so weak, but to measure great speeds you want great distance, and the two don't mix well together.

How strange the speed of gravity cannot change. Might this support pull theory?

GOT YOU! THERE IS A PULL! Else gravity could be bend, just like light.

Last edited:
Sariaht said:

Why should the "pushing" particles be effected by other forces? Do you know what their properties are? How they behave in different situations?

Des Chamberlain said: "The Idea that I want to set out here is so beautifully simple..."

You've got a lot to learn about what is and isn't considered "beautifully simple" in physics.

To get you started: F = Gm1m2/r^2 is, your idea isn't.

F = Gm1m2/r^2 may be "beautifully simple" but it is also incorrect.

pushed not pulled

Sariaht said:

whot is the speed of graverty?if nothing can escape a black hole then how can graverty escape and pull objects in ? it can not,just ecept the push FACTS,hip... :eek: :eek: :eek:

if Newton knew about newtrenos bombarding our atomic substance then he would have put 2 and 2 together ,and would have said"graverty is a side effect of kinnetic energy, caused by the constant atomic shower,the high tides are caused by the parshal shelds ie the moon and Earth ,the tides are pressed more on the unshelded sides than on the shelded,thus the warters would be deeper on the shelded side"then he may have done one of his experments maybe standing on a set of scales in a shower ,noted effect would be when he turns on the warter he seems heavier than before,kinetic energy is pushing down,and it is newtrenos that are pushing the warter,depending on there atomic number,the bigger the number the heaver the atom,its so simple to understand,i have understod it for years,the firestar effect fits all observations and experments to do with graverty,think about it, graverty is a side effect not a force, its kinnetic energy that made the apple fall,its parshal shelds like the Earth that cause the firestar effect, blocking some newtrenos from hitting me upwards, but because the amount hitting from above remain the same the effect is kinnetic towards the earth,the moon is a smaler mass thus a smaller parshal sheld,as for black holes or newtron stars they are full shelds, newtrenos push everything into them,newtrenos are not effected by them,uless they randomly hit into them well I am geting tired now and of to sleep,hope you can understand all thiss 25th centery info,littel birdy flying high droped his cargo from the sky,a farmer said wipeing his eye,its a good job cows can't fly.firestar.

OK, well, besides the fact that you need some serious sleep, firestar... ummm... with your incredibly silly theory perhaps I should leave it with just that. Get A LOT of sleep.

pallidin said:
OK, well, besides the fact that you need some serious sleep, firestar... ummm... with your incredibly silly theory perhaps I should leave it with just that. Get A LOT of sleep.
firestar effect is not a theory,bet you can't prove it wrong, :cool:

As proved (http://members.lycos.co.uk/nigelbryancook/), the outward motion of matter in the big bang causes an opposite reaction of the fabric of the continuum of space, flowing around it to fill in the vacated volume.

By analogy is the reaction of water to a moving underwater submarine, or the air displaced around a moving person filling in the vacated volume. The continuum of space flows around particles of matter like electrons, giving the very small waves of wave-particle duality.

Space pressure towards us from all directions is slightly shielded by the planet Earth and other masses. Hence, the net space pressure pushes people downwards, causing things to fall; gravity! This proof predicted that the furthest stars would not be gravitationally slowed; later observed from supernova red-shifts.

Des Chamberlain

You are so right. It is so simple, when you and I agree a neutrino has some mass.

A USPTO document at:

http://www.epimedia.com/gravitypush

teaches your push of gravity theory and has diagrams which may help you see the math is exactly
the same as our standard pull of gravity theory.

You can then lead yourself into the simple oppositely charged twin monopole theory of
everything as taught in USPTO document at:

http://www.epimedia.com/gravitypush/octm

How do we spread your theory faster?

mitchbicpu@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Des Chamberlain!

I have been wondering about the nature of gravity myself, but came to conclusions some different from yours.

( :wink: time to advertise my idea: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=33687)

I am speculating, that the real nature of gravity might be more an effect of mass and "antimass" being "insoluble" to each other.

So I am not involved in the discussion if gravity is pushing or pulling - I think it is more or less both... :redface:

david firestar said:
hope you can understand all thiss 25th centery info,littel birdy flying high droped his cargo from the sky,a farmer said wipeing his eye,its a good job cows can't fly.firestar.

I'm from Arizona, so I don't mind the occasional flying cow, it's a good job though that elephants don't want to fly, even if they do know how.
geistkiesel

Sheres and 500 lb things

pallidin said:
OK, Des, allow me to disprove your theory:

In the following example, the dimesions, materials or mass might not be correct, but, you should get the point...

Take a stiff, non-conducting rod, say, 2-feet long and weighing 2 pounds, and suspend it in the middle(of the rod) to a secure location on your ceiling with a kevlar string sufficient to support, say 100 pounds. OK, easy enough.
Now, attach to each end of this rod 2 non-conductive spheres weighing 25 lbs. each. Great. Now we have a horizontal rod with weights attached hanging from the ceiling with a kevlar string attached to the middle of this horizontal rod.
Close all doors and windows.
Move a 500 lb. mass on a cart, carefully and slowly, such to where the 500 lb. mass is at equal average level to the suspended weights, and towards the "rotational" side of one of the 25 lb. spheres.
Guess what happens? The 25 lb. sphere closest to the 500 lb. mass starts to move towards it.
The 500 lb. mass attracts the 25 lb. sphere(actually, both attract, of course) on a horizontal plane.
This, Des, is gravitational attraction, and the same effect will occur whether you do it on Earth or in deep space.
In addition, place any static object of any compostion between the 2 masses and note the effect: The attraction will always increase, never decrease.

Dear Paladin

I've been away for some time but I got to reflecting further on what you said in this quote.
Everything you state up until placing the object between the sphere and the 500 lb mass is easy to explain with the push/shield theory yes, they shield each other and so try to equalise the dearth of quantum particles between them.
When you introduce another body between the sphere and the 500 lb mass you indeed bring in another body that is absorbing particle energy and so the two bodies will be affected by the further reduction in available particles acting on them and will move together. Makes sense! :rolleyes:

The big bang

Mr. Robin Parsons said:
There is also the simple question of interstellar and/or galactic gravity, how do those particles travel those distances, (To push Galaxies) as they clearly MUST be traveling those distances below c, as they are particles, right? What is the source of those particulate emissions...intergalactically?

Thank you for your in put MRP

The big bang, Lots of energy, no mass!
At the point of the 'Big Bang' something corrupted the state of oneness, all that constitutes reality, the primordial energy, causing inbalance and ignighting the 'Big Bang. Energy takes the form of duality, Positive/negative.
This is the fundamental postulate.
This or these forms of energy that were complementary become opposites, this is the fundamental truth. That energy is in an ongoing process of being absorbed by mass. Black holes are the point at which the Mass become so dense as to not allow particles to escape and have unlimited attraction as the can not repulse. All will again be absorbed by 'Black Holes' which in turn will absorb each other in the fulness of time. then all will be one again! :blushing: