Sketch and Analyze Range of f(x) = 2sin(x)

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the range of a function f(x) with a domain of 0≤x≤180, defined by f(x) = 2sinx. The suggested solution is to sketch the graph of y = 2sin(x) and determine the range from there. The original poster is unsure of how to approach the problem, but is encouraged to try different numbers within the domain.
ibysaiyan

Homework Statement

The function f with domain 0[tex]\leq[/tex]x[tex]\leq180[/tex]
is defined by f(x)=2sinx/Sketch and find the range of f.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

well..i haven't got a clue, if i try to get value for 2sin(0) gives me zero and for 2sin(180) gives me the same answer =/.Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you sketch the graph of y = 2 sin(x), you should be able to see at a glance the range of this function. Your x values are in degrees, which you should state.

Do you know what the graph of y = sin(x) looks like? The graph of your function is related to this one.

ibysaiyan said:

Homework Statement

The function f with domain 0[tex]\leq[/tex]x[tex]\leq180[/tex]
is defined by f(x)=2sinx/Sketch and find the range of f.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

well..i haven't got a clue, if i try to get value for 2sin(0) gives me zero and for 2sin(180) gives me the same answer =/.Thanks in advance.
So try numbers between 0 and 180!

Related to Sketch and Analyze Range of f(x) = 2sin(x)

1. What is the range of the function f(x) = 2sin(x)?

The range of a function is the set of all possible output values. In this case, the range of f(x) = 2sin(x) is [-2, 2], meaning that the output values can range from -2 to 2.

2. How do you sketch the graph of f(x) = 2sin(x)?

To sketch the graph of f(x) = 2sin(x), you can use the unit circle and plot points for different values of x. The graph will have a sinusoidal shape, with a maximum value of 2 and a minimum value of -2.

3. What is the period of the function f(x) = 2sin(x)?

The period of a function is the distance between two consecutive points on the graph that have the same value. For f(x) = 2sin(x), the period is 2π, meaning that the graph repeats itself every 2π units along the x-axis.

4. How does the value of the coefficient 2 affect the graph of f(x) = 2sin(x)?

The coefficient 2 affects the amplitude of the function, which is the distance between the maximum and minimum values on the graph. In this case, the amplitude is 2, meaning that the graph will oscillate between 2 and -2 along the y-axis.

5. Can the range of f(x) = 2sin(x) be changed by adjusting the coefficient 2?

No, the coefficient 2 only affects the amplitude of the function, not the range. The range will always be [-2, 2] for f(x) = 2sin(x).