SK15075PEQ3-2- Diameter/Aperture: 150mm- Focal Length: 750mm-

In summary, the Sky-Watcher 150mm paraboloidal (parabolic) mirror reflector telescope has a six-inch achromatic finderscope, a 1.25” focuser, and a single- or dual-axis motor drive. It has a focal length of 750mm, a diameter of 150mm, and a weight of 4.93kg. The secondary mirror bracket has fine supports to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss, and the optical design is Newtonian (parabolic). The lens material is plastic, and the diameter of the lens is 150mm. The focal length of the telescope is 750mm, the secondary mirror diameter is 47mm, the F/ratio is F/5
Ignition
SK15075PEQ3-2

- Diameter/Aperture: 150mm
- Focal Length: 750mm
- Diffraction-limited secondary mirror support
- Paraboloidal (parabolic) primary mirror
- 150 primary mirror gathers enough light to reveal deep-sky luminaries. 33% more light gathering power than 130mm, 73% more light than 114mm
- 6x30 achromatic finderscope for easy location of objects
- Smooth rack-and-pinion 1.25" focuser
Four-arm, secondary-mirror bracket with fine supports

The Sky-Watcher paraboloidal (parabolic) mirror reflectors and all Dobsonian models feature a four-arm, secondary-mirror bracket with fine supports (0.5mm thick), to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.

Optical Design Newtonian (Parabolic)
Lens Material
Diameter 150mm
Focal Length 750mm
Scondary Mirror Diameter 47mm
F/ratio F/5
Highest Practical Power 300x
Faintest Steller Magnitude 13.6
Resoving Power 0.8
Finderscope 6x30*
Focuser diameter 1.25”
Diagonal
Eyepiece(s) 1.25” Super 25 and 10*
Mount Type Equatorial
Slow-motion Control RA & DEC
Counterweight(s) Total 5.2Kgs (2pcs)
Piggyback Bracket Yes
Accessory Tray Wall-to-wall
Ground Board Diameter
Ground Board Weight(s)
Motor Drive Single & Dual Axis (Optional)*
Go-to
Tube Weight 4.93Kgs
Tube Dimension(dia. x length) 18cm x 67.3cm
Tripod Height 71-123cm
Shipping Weight 20.2+8 Kgs
Shipping Carton Dimensions 88 x 44 x 26.5 cm3 / 80 x 40 x 37 cm3

What about it?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I just wanted to receive some comments about this telescope.

Have you purchased the telescope yet?

No, i want to decide for a good telescope with a good price.

I've deleted all offtopic comments from this thread, in order to encourage discussion on the topic in hand.

Ignition said:
No, i want to decide for a good telescope with a good price.

I don't know much about telescope purchasing, I am still trying to get the hang of it. But, a lot of people suggested to me getting something from Orion at telescope.com

They seem to have the best prices for beginner scopes. And if you're not set on an eq mount, their Dobsonians are on sale right now.

Also, you might want to PM a moderator and ask them to change the title of this thread to something less vague. There are are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people on this forum when it comes to scopes. But, they might not even bother to look at the thread because of the title. I almost didn't:wink:

Good luck! And if you are new to astronomy like I am, don't overlook a sweet set of Binoculars. I got http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=binocular_giant/~pcategory=binoculars/~product_id=09324" for Christmas from my girlfriend and they are AMAZING.

I saw M11, my first galaxy with them last night! They have great optics and are very portable. I built a parallelogram mount for about $40 out of hardwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saladsamurai said:
don't overlook a sweet set of Binoculars.

I second that. Your brain is made to use two eyes and you will probably be much more comfortable with binos at first. I use mine more often than I ever did my scope; partly due to the comfort and partly due to being able to take them anywhere.

Ignition, do you know what you'd like to use your telescope for? If you want to do astrophotography you'll need a eq. mount for star tracking, but if you just want to look at things, I'll second Saladsamurai's suggestion about the alt-az dobsonians. You can probably get a bigger dobsonian for less if you ditch the equatorial mount for alt-az (but you also loose the star tracker!).

And thinking about it now, the eq. mounted dobsonian you linked to might not be that good for astrophotography. You'd have to consider the difficulty of mounting the camera way out at the end of the tube where the focus is. Anyone have any experience with that?

It could be a very good general purpose scope - depending on price. I would set the cutoff at around $450. If it's pricier than that, I would look long and hard at a cat scope. I like the short f. It gives gives a fabulous wide field view and good portability. I don't like dobsonian mounts, but, it sounds like it's available in a tricked out configuration that is functionally equivalent to an equatorial mount. Portability is a huge consideration for most people shopping for a scope - an issue not fully appreciated until saddled with a poor choice.

Related to SK15075PEQ3-2- Diameter/Aperture: 150mm- Focal Length: 750mm-

1. What is the diameter/aperture of SK15075PEQ3-2?

The diameter/aperture of SK15075PEQ3-2 is 150mm.

2. What is the focal length of SK15075PEQ3-2?

The focal length of SK15075PEQ3-2 is 750mm.

3. What type of telescope is SK15075PEQ3-2?

SK15075PEQ3-2 is a reflector telescope.

4. What can I see with a 150mm aperture telescope?

A 150mm aperture telescope can provide clear and detailed views of the moon, planets, stars, and some deep space objects such as galaxies and nebulas. It can also be used for astrophotography.

5. Is SK15075PEQ3-2 suitable for beginners?

SK15075PEQ3-2 can be a good telescope for beginners due to its relatively large aperture and compact size. However, it may require some basic knowledge and skills in astronomy to operate and get the best viewing experience.