Can You Suggest Experiments for My Physics Exam Topics?

• Thread starter Knutz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experiment
In summary, Mark Knudsen has asked for help with a few experiments and is looking for something more advanced than what is provided in the book. He is also looking for help with the exams.
Knutz
I have asked about this before but found out in the wrong forum and don't know how to move it! so will a mod delete the original? :S

original thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28068

well... sorry for my bad english - live in denmark and the technical terms are not so good! :)

well... going to the exams on wednedsday - and in denmark we can make som experiments if we want to! and it definitely help our grade ;)

so I am looking for some fine experiments - do you know any?

the subjects are:

magnetism - i have one where you find the "curie-point"? could use a experiment!

electromagnetism - NEED ONE!

solvent? - a metalion and acid rests ? NEED ONE!

induction - NEED ONE!

atomic "models" and the periodic system - NEED EXPLANATION!

Normally my english is very good but the technical words freak me out! hope you understand what I'm saying!

Best Regards

Mark Knudsen!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Some background information will be useful. What is your level ? Is experimental equipment provided, or do you have to find your own stuff ? How much time do you get for the experiment ? Any other relevant information...?

i attend ninth grade... so i don't have some guru-skills... i mean i have det right amount of background knowlegde! we have 1 hour for preparation and about an half an hour to perform the experiments... we 3 in our group so we can make "alot" of experiments! all i need is some simple/semiadvanced experiments - or experiments which are more advanced than the ones in our book... because ALL uses the ones in the book... if our group/me can come up with some other things, then we will definitely get us a good grade! :biggrin: and we have access to most common things/materials!

thx a lot for your answer!

Last edited:
Finding the Curie point of a magnet is simple. You heat it in a furnace (for a low enough curie point a hot plate will work ) until it loses it's magnetization. You can also look at other ways to demagnetizing it, such as banging it with a hammer, etc..and compare the energy absorbed by the magnet in the different cases.

Thinking about the other stuff...

explain? i want some explanation!

How can i help u?
Give u a experiment report?
Wait some days....

YES! that will be great!

still need some help... the exams is in only 3 days!

1. What are some ways to come up with experiment ideas?

Some ways to come up with experiment ideas include: 1. Reading scientific literature and identifying gaps in knowledge 2. Observing the world around you and asking questions 3. Brainstorming with colleagues or mentors 4. Attending conferences or seminars 5. Utilizing online resources such as research databases or scientific forums.

2. How can I make sure my experiment is ethical?

To ensure your experiment is ethical, you should:1. Familiarize yourself with ethical guidelines and regulations 2. Obtain approval from an institutional review board (IRB) 3. Consider the potential risks and benefits of your experiment 4. Obtain informed consent from participants 5. Treat all participants with respect and maintain their confidentiality.

3. How do I choose the right variables for my experiment?

To choose the right variables for your experiment, you should:1. Identify your research question or hypothesis 2. Determine the independent and dependent variables 3. Consider potential confounding variables 4. Ensure your variables are measurable and controllable 5. Consult with experts or conduct a pilot study to refine your variables.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when designing an experiment?

Some common mistakes to avoid when designing an experiment include:1. Failing to clearly define the research question or hypothesis 2. Not considering potential confounding variables 3. Using biased or insufficient sample sizes 4. Failing to properly control or randomize variables 5. Not adequately addressing ethical considerations.

5. How can I ensure my experiment is reproducible?

To ensure your experiment is reproducible, you should:1. Thoroughly document your methods, procedures, and results 2. Make your data and materials publicly available 3. Use standardized protocols and techniques 4. Conduct multiple trials or replicate the experiment 5. Communicate with other researchers and welcome feedback or critiques.