Powerpoint Backgrounds - Free Quality Images

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding nice powerpoint backgrounds, with suggestions to make one using Photoshop or Microsoft Paint. It was mentioned that there aren't many high-quality backgrounds available online, and one person shared their experience of creating a background by editing a grayscale image. However, there was concern about using copyrighted images in a professional setting.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wonder if anyone has some really nice powerpoint backgrounds or knows a website that provides some nice free ones.

Physics news on Phys.org
why don't u just make one? Just use photoshop and Microsoft paint.

I agree with Grimmus here. There aren't many nice backgrounds posted on the web. If there are, they are watermarked heavily.

Make one, I did that before with the powerpoint color scheme mixing, but how can you do it in paint or photoshop??

What I actually did yesterday is take an MRI of an intracranial aneurysm from the web, which is grayscale, change the color balance so that it became blue and wash it out which makes a nice background. The only problem is I guess, that I probably am not allowed to use that in a big meeting since it is not my image. Right?

See:

Attachments

• picture in 7q11.jpg
    picture in 7q11.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 434
Hey, that's my photograph. I want $15,000 in lost royalties or I am going to sue your backside :wink:

1. What are Powerpoint backgrounds?

Powerpoint backgrounds are images or designs that are used as a visual background for presentations created in the Microsoft Powerpoint software. They are often used to enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of a presentation and make it more visually engaging for the audience.

2. Are there any free quality images available for Powerpoint backgrounds?

Yes, there are many websites that offer free quality images specifically for use as Powerpoint backgrounds. These images are usually available in a variety of themes and styles to suit different presentation topics and can be easily downloaded and inserted into a Powerpoint presentation.

3. How do I insert a Powerpoint background into my presentation?

To insert a Powerpoint background, first open your presentation in Powerpoint. Then, go to the "Design" tab and click on the "Format Background" option. A sidebar will appear on the right side of the screen where you can choose to insert a picture or a solid color as your background. Select "Picture" and choose the image you want to use as your background.

4. Can I use my own images as Powerpoint backgrounds?

Yes, you can use your own images as Powerpoint backgrounds. Simply follow the same steps as mentioned above and select the option to insert your own picture. However, make sure that the image is of high quality and appropriate for your presentation topic.

5. Are there any copyright restrictions for using free Powerpoint backgrounds?

It is important to check the terms of use for each individual image on the website where you are downloading the free Powerpoint backgrounds. Some images may have specific restrictions, such as requiring attribution or only being used for personal, non-commercial purposes. It is always best to double-check the terms to ensure that you are using the images correctly and legally.