Simulation Inhomogeneous Compound Semiconductor Thin Films

In summary, the speaker is an undergraduate student who is interested in a research paper titled "A Theoretical Study on Van Der Pauw Measurement Values of Inhomogeneous Compound Semiconductor Thin Films". They are specifically interested in the simulation part but are unsure of how to start. They have been unsuccessful in finding a correct method for simulating and have reached out to the email listed in the paper for guidance, but have not received a response. They are considering seeking help from professors in their school for this research.
UnArkham
I'm not good at English. I'm a undergraduate student.
I'm interested in this research.
I'm interested the simulation part but I don't know how to start.
Please guiding me how to simulate method or program did they use on paper.
" A Theoretical Study on Van Der Pauw Measurement Values
of Inhomogeneous Compound Semiconductor Thin Films "
(http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?paperID=3261)

I want to compare Inhomogeneous and homogeneous.
Everyday i find how to simulate but not found correct way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
UnArkham said:
I'm not good at English. I'm a undergraduate student.
I'm interested in this research.
I'm interested the simulation part but I don't know how to start.
Please guiding me how to simulate method or program did they use on paper.
" A Theoretical Study on Van Der Pauw Measurement Values
of Inhomogeneous Compound Semiconductor Thin Films "
(http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?paperID=3261)

I want to compare Inhomogeneous and homogeneous.
Everyday i find how to simulate but not found correct way.
I send e-mail to yusato@ipc.akita-u.ac.jp but no response.
Help me please. Thank you very much. :cry:

Dear UnArkham,
This needs a supervisor in your school. Online supervision on a research problem is not productive. I recommend seeking help from professors in your school.
Best wishes in your research :smile:

Useful nucleus said:
Dear UnArkham,
This needs a supervisor in your school. Online supervision on a research problem is not productive. I recommend seeking help from professors in your school.
Best wishes in your research :smile:

OK, I will try to learn by myself. It may be difficult for me but i will try it.

Thank you very much. :)

Related to Simulation Inhomogeneous Compound Semiconductor Thin Films

1. What is the purpose of simulating inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films?

The purpose of simulating inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films is to study their optical and electrical properties, as well as their potential applications in devices such as solar cells, LEDs, and transistors. Simulation allows for a better understanding of how these films behave under different conditions and can help optimize their performance.

2. How are inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films simulated?

Inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films can be simulated using various methods such as density functional theory (DFT), molecular dynamics (MD), and Monte Carlo simulations. These methods use mathematical models and algorithms to predict the behavior of these films at the atomic and molecular level.

3. What are the advantages of simulating inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films?

Simulation of inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films allows for a cost-effective and time-efficient way to explore different material compositions and structures. It also provides a deeper understanding of the physical and chemical processes involved in the growth and properties of these films. Additionally, simulation can help predict the performance of these films before actual fabrication, saving resources and reducing trial and error.

4. What information can be obtained from simulating inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films?

Simulation of inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films can provide information on their optical properties, such as absorption and emission spectra, as well as their electrical properties, such as bandgap and carrier mobility. It can also reveal the effects of defects and impurities on the film's properties and suggest ways to improve their performance.

5. What are the limitations of simulating inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films?

Simulation of inhomogeneous compound semiconductor thin films relies on the accuracy of the models and inputs used. It also requires a detailed understanding of the growth and properties of these films, which may not always be available. Additionally, simulation may not be able to capture all the complexities of the real-world system, and experimental verification is still necessary to validate the results.