Simulating Impacts of an Iron Man Suit: Free Program?

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to test the impact resistance of a suit, specifically an Iron Man suit, with various materials such as iron, titanium, nitinal, and depleted uranium. The person is also interested in testing the suit's ability to withstand different types of weapons, such as a 9mm or 105mm tank cannon. They are looking for a simulation program to aid in this testing and ask if there is a free option available. Additionally, the conversation mentions a website that has information on the penetration capabilities of different weapons.
thalion777
I want to see what type of impacts a certain suit, say for example, an iron man suit, can handle with different materials. for example, what would happen if you where to make it out of iron compared to titanium or nitinal, what would happen if you shot it with a 9mm or even 105mm tank cannon ect. what would this type of simulation program be called and can i get one for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
thalion777 said:
I want to see what type of impacts a certain suit, say for example, an iron man suit, can handle with different materials. for example, what would happen if you where to make it out of iron compared to titanium or nitinal, what would happen if you shot it with a 9mm or even 105mm tank cannon ect. what would this type of simulation program be called and can i get one for free?

Try here first:

http://theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm

Tea Jay said:
Try here first:

http://theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm

That link kills my IE7 browser. What is it for?

The link is to a site that has a large section on what kind of round has what kind of penetration.

It seemed germane to his query.

thats all cool, but it doesn't relate to deflection or different design types. what if i design it with nitinal exterior followed by single-crystal titanium and maybe even depleted uranium. followed by a reinforced Kevlar interior. i want to test all of these designs and see what type of rounds it can stop. i would like to design it to stop a 20mm mini-gun cannon, but that seems unlikely. lol i am so different then the people around me. I am 16 :)

Related to Simulating Impacts of an Iron Man Suit: Free Program?

1. What is the purpose of simulating impacts of an Iron Man suit?

The purpose of simulating impacts of an Iron Man suit is to understand the potential effects on the body when wearing such a suit, as well as to test the durability and safety of the suit in various scenarios.

2. What type of data is needed for the simulation?

The simulation requires data such as the physical dimensions and weight of the suit, the materials it is made of, and the types of impacts it may encounter.

3. How accurate is the simulation?

The accuracy of the simulation depends on the quality of the data used and the complexity of the simulation model. With accurate data and a well-designed model, the simulation can provide realistic results.

4. Can the simulation be used to improve the design of an Iron Man suit?

Yes, the simulation can be used to identify potential weak points in the design of the suit and make improvements to enhance its durability and safety.

5. Is the simulation program free to use?

Yes, the program for simulating impacts of an Iron Man suit is free to use. It is a valuable tool for researchers and designers in the field of wearable technology.