Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For

• Thread starter Ganshauk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matrix
In summary, the speaker is excited about the upcoming release of the Matrix sequel, "Reloaded." They also mention their love for movies that support the suspension of reality and mention their high expectations for the film. They also bring up the release of another highly anticipated movie, LOTR 3, and express hope for both Matrix movies to be successful.
Ganshauk
OK. Now were cookin'.

I saw the first ads on cable/tv last night. Two different ones tonight. At the expense of overstimulating expectations, it looks really, really sublime.

I know. I know. Keanu Reeves. But who can possibly deny it is not the defining "Gibsonian" epoch of our age? Who can deny that a personality-less programmer is not the defining role that only Keanu can portray with accuracy? In this case alone can an actor be totally bereft of skill and still be convincing. Take it from me - I am a programmer and I often reflect upon the lack of humanity accorded to my colleagues - perhaps even myself! (Hehehehe).

With intrepid doubt I am still aquiver with the mere idea of seeing this penultimate movie - sequel that it is (worse yet, an "unprepared for" sequel - according to the original plot). Oh! If only it will maintain the sublime theme of the original construction! It is a lot to ask, I know.

Despite the pervasive assurance my spine reveals, my heart still struggles to remove that virtual chord. I suspect that pimple that appeared only weeks ago, configured on the exact center of the back of my neck, right below the hairline, is truly the virtual perception of a physical diode. If only I could remove it, I would no longer be subsistant upon hollywood for my entertainment!

*Slaps hands together in an idiotic display of Red Dwarfinism*
*Struggles ineffectually to remove the unpercieveced imbedded cable from the nape.*

I love a theme that truly supports the suspension of reality. There is no physical jump, nor metaphysical jump needed, no faith required. Considering the virtual world, where even the most intelligent can appear wretchedly ignorant, the meek may appear strong, and everyone has blue eyes, blonde hair, and measures 36, 24, 36 at 110 lbs, anything becomes not only believable, but totally plausible - even realistic.

The last time such cinematic artistry was displayed was "Total Recall" (He was hallucinating the whole time - they tell you so at the first...but that is another story).

Even at face value, the idea of saturated consumerism is accurate. We are slaves of the ecoonomy, and the machines rule us all. Just try to buy some land in an out-of-the-way place and become self sufficient. The law will require you to pay taxes upon that land - the machines will remember that you owe. Therefore you must produce beyond your means in order to support those "unfortunate others" who cannot do so on their own not to mention the buearacracy itself. Therefore, your toil, your sweat, and your blood remains unredeemed, unremitted, no matter how far you attempt to separate youself from the machine. (What ever happened to true freedom anyway? Must an army march at the cadence of its slowest personell?) LOL. I remember a saying : "No man is an island, but some men are penisulas." We are all of us connected to each other, alas, inextricably. We are all part of the machine.

Welcome, my son.
Welcome, to the machine.
What did you dream?
Its alright, we told you what to dream.
-Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here, "Welcome to the Machine."

If art immitates life, it requires only a very shallow and unperceptive individual to see the sophistication we have obtained in our digital society - and the incipient entropy that neccasarily must ensue.

Wow, that's quite a lot of BS that one single film burdens itself with. My expectations will allow nothing less I'm afraid. The true spirit of the Matrix, loyally portrayed, will easily deal with my insignificant wants. I only hope that hollywood can continue to produce the odd gems of sublime fiction that advances civilization one more step by imbibing the "non-realities" of life (and ignomious, anonymous death) rather than the continual spate of audience pandering hypocrasy it is won't to do.

Physics news on Phys.org
man i think you need to listen a little further into the album:

And did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

one of the most important lessons i have learned is that life is what you make of it; and ya, i hopefuly the flick will live up to the last one. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what the best part of Star Wars Episode II was?

The trailer for Reloaded!

That's not all: LOTR 3 is coming out later this year (summer?) and The Matrix 3 will be out in November, making this the best movie year of all time, I think.

LOTR3 will release in december same as this year and last year.

I hope both matrix movies kick ass

1. What is the plot of "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For"?

The plot of "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" follows Neo as he continues to navigate the Matrix and uncover the truth about his reality. He faces new challenges and enemies, and must ultimately make a choice that will determine the fate of humanity.

2. Is "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" a standalone film or do I need to watch the previous movie?

"Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" is a direct sequel to the first movie, "The Matrix". It is highly recommended to watch the first movie before viewing the sequel, as it will provide important context and background information for the events and characters in the film.

3. What new technologies or special effects were used in "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For"?

"Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" utilized groundbreaking special effects and technologies, including the implementation of bullet time, a technique used to create slow motion scenes with frozen action. The film also featured advanced CGI and green screen technology to create the virtual world of the Matrix.

4. How does "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" relate to the first movie?

"Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" continues the story of the first movie, with many of the same characters and themes. It expands upon the world and mythology of the Matrix, while also introducing new elements and plot points.

5. Is "Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" a critical and commercial success?

"Matrix: Reloaded - The Sublime Sequel We've All Been Waiting For" received mixed reviews from critics, but was a commercial success, grossing over $740 million worldwide. It also won several awards for its special effects and action sequences.