Simplify Circuit: Understand How I1+I2+U1 = Whole Circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with simplifying a circuit and determining the current and voltage at different points. The solution involves using Kirchhoff's Current Law to calculate the current leaving at point A and reentering at point B, as well as determining the voltage across the load resistor and the top left current source.
dontwannatellyou
[ Mod Note: relocated to homework forum so template is missing ]

Hi
Iwas soving a problem and the question is to simplify the circuit . Ididnt understand how the whole circuit is the same as the sum of I1 and I2 and U1 (which is a voltage source ) and I3 and R1 don't play a role
Thank you
upload_2016-12-6_1-23-41.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is similar to some of our homework questions, so I'll move this to the homework forum.

Imagine there is an external load, represented by an additional resistor R (not shown) between A and B.

Looking at these sources (and their ghastly non-standard symbols) can you say how much current is leaving this circuit to flow into resistor R via the wire at A?

true its equal to i1 + i2

But I have a problem where its not clear

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 474
dontwannatellyou said:
true its equal to i1 + i2
[We're not finished yet.]

So that's the current leaving at A and going into the top of the load resistor, R.

Next, what would be an expression for current leaving the lower end of R to reenter the circuit at point B?

dontwannatellyou said:
But I have a problem where its not clear
What things have you explored in simplifying this next arrangement?

3-png.109993.png

Have you studied Kirchhoff's Current Law?

NascentOxygen said:
[We're not finished yet.]

So that's the current leaving at A and going into the top of the load resistor, R.

Next, what would be an expression for current leaving the lower end of R to reenter the circuit at point B?
also I1 +I2

dontwannatellyou said:
also I1 +I2
So what is the voltage across the load resistor, R?

Now, as a learning exercise, deduce what must be the voltage across the top left current source (the source supplying I1 ).

Related to Simplify Circuit: Understand How I1+I2+U1 = Whole Circuit

1. What is a "Simplify Circuit"?

A Simplify Circuit is a technique used in electrical engineering to reduce a complex circuit into a simpler and more manageable one, while still maintaining its overall functionality.

2. How do you simplify a circuit?

To simplify a circuit, you can use different methods such as series and parallel combination, Thevenin's theorem, and Kirchhoff's laws. These methods involve reducing the number of components in a circuit and rearranging them in a more organized manner.

3. What is the significance of I1+I2+U1 in a circuit?

I1+I2+U1 is a mathematical expression used in circuit analysis to represent the total current and voltage in a circuit. It shows the relationship between the different components and how they contribute to the overall functionality of the circuit.

4. Can you explain the concept of "whole circuit" in this context?

The "whole circuit" refers to the entire network of components and connections in a circuit. It includes all the individual elements and their collective behavior, which can be simplified by using the I1+I2+U1 equation. This equation helps in understanding the overall function of the circuit.

5. Why is it important to understand the I1+I2+U1 equation?

The I1+I2+U1 equation is crucial in circuit analysis as it helps in simplifying and understanding complex circuits. By using this equation, engineers and scientists can identify the key components and their behavior in the circuit, making it easier to troubleshoot and improve the design. It also allows for the prediction of current and voltage values in different parts of the circuit, aiding in efficient and effective circuit design.