Simplification of a digital circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses solving a problem with two different solutions that are giving different results. The person asking for help is trying to determine which solution is correct and asks for specific guidance on finding the error. The expert suggests redoing the problem or using other methods like Karnaugh Maps to check the solution. Eventually, the error is found and the person learns to double check their work or use alternative methods to verify their solution.
momentum
Homework Statement
NA
Relevant Equations
NA
I am trying to solve this problem
WMfqMOl.png

I have solved this myself in two different ways, but i am getting different results.

Solution # 1

9q59R2o.png

Solution # 2

pg4x8cq.png
Now to find :

mnmCKdt.png

Please see output is different in solution#1 and solution#2.

Which solution is correct ? Is there anything I am missing.

Physics news on Phys.org
recheck your work there is a simple error.

DaveE said:
recheck your work there is a simple error.
Could you please be specific ? where is the error ? I am unable to find it.

line 3 in the last box.

Often a good way to check when things don't seem right is to just redo the problem, for small problems, anyway.

You might also notice that both of the original equations can be simplified (they have the same form) before you do any substitutions. That isn't necessary, just another approach.

If you've learned about Karnaugh Maps this would be a good place to use them too. Again, not necessary, just another option.

Thanks. I spotted error. This helped a lot.

What is a good way to test if my solution is correct or not for such questions ? ( in general )

For example , in this problem , Is there any way to test or verify if my arrived solution is correct or not ? ( may be by using some data points or some process )

Related to Simplification of a digital circuit

1. What is simplification of a digital circuit?

Simplification of a digital circuit is the process of reducing the complexity of a digital circuit by removing unnecessary components and simplifying the logic to perform the same function with fewer components.

2. Why is simplification of a digital circuit important?

Simplification of a digital circuit is important because it can reduce the cost, size, and power consumption of a circuit. It also makes the circuit easier to understand and troubleshoot.

3. What are the methods used for simplification of a digital circuit?

The two main methods used for simplification of a digital circuit are Boolean algebra and Karnaugh maps. Boolean algebra uses logical expressions and rules to simplify the logic of a circuit, while Karnaugh maps use graphical representations to identify and eliminate redundant logic.

4. What are the steps involved in simplifying a digital circuit using Boolean algebra?

The steps involved in simplifying a digital circuit using Boolean algebra are: 1. Express the logic of the circuit in terms of Boolean expressions. 2. Use Boolean algebra rules to simplify the expressions. 3. Draw the simplified logic circuit based on the simplified expressions. 4. Verify the simplified circuit by comparing its truth table with the original circuit's truth table.

5. Can simplification of a digital circuit lead to errors or malfunctions?

Yes, simplification of a digital circuit can lead to errors or malfunctions if not done carefully. It is important to verify the simplified circuit to ensure that it still performs the intended function accurately. Additionally, simplification should only be done by experienced individuals who have a thorough understanding of Boolean algebra and digital circuits.