Advent of Color: Revealing the Pattern from Revelation 4

• Thread starter Iacchus32
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color
In summary, the conversation delves into the idea that meditation may be a means of tapping into universal information or connecting with a higher being. The use of colors and numbers in mysticism is also discussed, with the suggestion that there is a relationship between the seven colors of the spectrum and the seven notes of the musical scale. The conversation ends with a mention of the number 444, which corresponds to the color white in the color code and to the A note above middle C in music.
mm hmm...well, I'd say the diatonic scale works here. In C that's: C - D - E - F - G - A - B But, of course, the diatonic scale is a pretty rarely used scale...

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no 7 note scale. Show me one. It doesn't exist.
guess you missed the link... GO HERE ---> http://www.teoria.com/reference/scales/02.htm [Broken] (just what google popped up first, need more proof, search for yourself.)

anyone with even a basic understanding of music and/or a musical instrument knows the major scale very well. just out of sheer curiosity what kind of musical experience do you actually have?

Last edited by a moderator:
678 / One Octave

Originally posted by Iacchus32
Thanks again for the input! I wasn't that aware of the musical scale and color spectrum being split up specifically for religious purposes, although I had probable cause that they were -- due to the "universal nature" of the hexagram and what their relationship is to it.
Just for the sake of illustration, in order to show the "universal relationship" between the numbers 6, 7 and 8 (the six basic colors of the color wheel in accord with white, the seven notes of the music scale, and hence "one octave"), if you take six coins of equal diameter, say six pennys, and laid them on the table in the form a hexagram, where each penny touched the edge of the next penny, you could then place a seventh penny in the center and all pennys will still touch ... a pattern by the way (i.e., honeycomb effect), that retains its form and can be repeated unto infinity, merely by adding more pennys to "the outside." Hence illustrating the universality between a hexagram and the numbers 6 and 7.

And guess what? It also seems to incorporate the six days of Creation, as well as the seventh, where God rests on the Sabbath (within the center of the first six). Hmm ... And of course there's the obvious relation to the six basic colors and the color white. But how does this effect the musical scale you say? Well, if you were to circumscribe a circle around the original pattern of seven (including the penny in the middle), you have the eighth configuration or eighth note, and hence "one octave." And thus becomes the "embodiment" of the original seven. Hmm ... Now what is the deal about "circumcision" occurring on the "eighth day?"

Finally, if you take the "eighth note," which is also the same note as the first, except at higher level, as well as the embodiment of the seven notes as a whole (i.e., the greater circle), you can then generate a "new level" of notes and, by circumsbribing it (with an even greater circle), it becomes the next octave up ... all of which gives rise to the notion of "harmonics" ...

So can anybody see a pattern here?

Originally posted by HazZy
guess you missed the link... GO HERE ---> http://www.teoria.com/reference/scales/02.htm [Broken] (just what google popped up first, need more proof, search for yourself.)

anyone with even a basic understanding of music and/or a musical instrument knows the major scale very well. just out of sheer curiosity what kind of musical experience do you actually have?

Logic is right, there is no 7-note scale. I think you have to learn basics of music. There is 12-note scale (each note separated by EXACTLY SAME distance (2)1/12 = 1.0594631...).

Say, 440 Hz, 466.16 Hz, 493.88 Hz, 523.25 Hz, 554.36 Hz, 587.33 Hz, 622.25 Hz, 659.25 Hz, 698.45 Hz, 739.99 Hz, 783.99 Hz, 830.61 Hz, 880.00 Hz, etc.

sigh... a scale is a specified scheme of intervals, the diatonic scale uses the pythagorean scale for tuning. the intervals go something like this: 9:8 9:8 256:243 9:8 9:8 9:8 256:243. and that is the diatonic scale is a nutshell. just because the chromatic scale uses 12 intervals of 256:243 doesn't make the diatonic scale any less of a scale.

Before anyone else makes a post about the musical scale, will you please follow this link? Also, let it be known that I was not the one who brought up the musical scale, as it was not part of the original post. However, if you take the time to read the post above, regarding the numbers 6, 7 and 8 and "one octave," you'll see how easily the idea of seven notes and one octave portrays a "universal pattern."

Will try and create a picture of this and post it shortly. Thanks!

sigh... a scale is a specified scheme of intervals, the diatonic scale uses the pythagorean scale for tuning. the intervals go something like this: 9:8 9:8 256:243 9:8 9:8 9:8 256:243. and that is the diatonic scale is a nutshell. just because the chromatic scale uses 12 intervals of 256:243 doesn't make the diatonic scale any less of a scale.

Do people use diatonic scale? (Compare usage of diatonic and chromatic).

Originally posted by Alexander
Do people use diatonic scale? (Compare usage of diatonic and chromatic).
the diatonic scale is used far more. any time you see an orchestra practicing you'll hear the diatonic scale, anytime you here kids singing do-re-mi... you're hearing the diatonic scale.

Colors are just names for wavelengths (say, around 530nm = green, around 650nm = red, etc) what to discuss here?

the diatonic scale is used far more.

Take a close look at any common musical instrument (say, a piano, violin, guitar, accordion, organ, etc) - it does not have diatonic scale.
any time you see an orchestra practicing you'll hear the diatonic scale,

Not true. Try to transpose (=to play in different pitch) any reasonable tunes on diatonic instrument. Impossible. Try to do the same on chromatic one - just fine. Feel free to start at ANY pitch.

That is why practically all instruments in orchestra are chromatic, not diatonic - because chromatic scale is INVARIANT versus transpositions, but not diatonic one. Even traditionally more primitive instruments in orchestra versions have chromatic, not diatonic scale. Sure you can find in tribal usage some primitive single-holed or double-holed flutes, but these are not what they use in orchestras.

Look at electronic keybord which simulates hundreds instruments - it does so in chromatic, not in diatonic scale. Look at synthesators. Look at software and sound boards - chromatic, chromatic and chromatic again.

anytime you here kids singing do-re-mi... you're hearing the diatonic scale.

I also hear kids saying Santa is real.

Colors are just names for wavelengths (say, around 530nm = green, around 650nm = red, etc) what to discuss here?
Have you read the first part of the post which refers to the colors in my avatar?

The purpose of this thread is to explore the relationship between numbers and symbolism, religious symbolism in particular, and try to give some validation as to what they mean. Got it? ...

alexander you're confusing the meaning of a scale. a scale is only a subset of an octave (an octave is 12 notes -- the chromatic scale). A#-C-E-F could be a scale, but it probably wouldn't be pleasing to anyones ear. and if you ever hear an orchestra practice you will most definitely hear them play the diatonic scale. remember the diatonic scale is merely C-D-E-F-G-A-B-(C), it's used everywhere. i know that diatonic tuning is rarely used anymore, except with guitars, but that is of no importance to this subject whatsoever.

Take a close look at any common musical instrument (say, a piano, violin, guitar, accordion, organ, etc) - it does not have diatonic scale.

Look at electronic keybord which simulates hundreds instruments - it does so in chromatic, not in diatonic scale. Look at synthesators. Look at software and sound boards - chromatic, chromatic and chromatic again.
So what is the point in referring to the muscial scale in terms of "octaves?" (meaning eight). I guess this is kind of what threw me, and why I've always understood there were seven notes, including the eighth, which makes it "one octave."

Besides that, what else is there to discuss? This is still valid enough to demonstrate a relationship between the musical scale and the symbolism provided. There's also the primary equation 37 x 12 = 444. Where the colors yellow (3) and violet (7), in conjunction with the two colors of my avatar (to the left), correspond to the number 37. Whereas the number 12 could possbily represent the chromatic scale, in accord with the six "basic colors" divided by two: i.e., red (1), red-orange (2), orange (3), orange-yellow (4), yellow (5), yellow-green (6), green (7), green-blue (8), blue (9), blue-violet (10), violet (11), and violet-red (12). This wouldn't affect the color arrangement any, just add more enhancement (as with the musical scale).

And by the way, did you know that "chromatic" means color? Isn't that something!

Once again, to see how the colors arranged, please follow the link:

http://www.dionysus.org/7_colors.html

Last edited:
I find some of the musical comments here disturbingly incorrect.

How is it that one can so boldly speak of something they know nothing about? Only on the internet I presume:

the 12 note scale simply followed guidos use of do-re-mi... notice the 12 note scale we use today includes only 7 fundamental notes, also notice that these fundamental notes are all directly from do(C)-re(D)-mi(E)-fa(F)-so(G)-la(A)-ti(B). A#,C#,D#,F#, and G# were added later. music as we know it today started out as a 7-note scale used by monks to help them memorize chants.

All wrong. Do re mi is not assigned to any notes. It can be sung in any key. It's merely a template. To say it goes with the "fundamental notes" is pure idiocy. Also, the sharps and flats WERE NOT added later. Where in the hell did you here that?

mm hmm...well, I'd say the diatonic scale works here. In C that's: C - D - E - F - G - A - B But, of course, the diatonic scale is a pretty rarely used scale...

I'm hoping that's a joke?

Logic is right, there is no 7-note scale. I think you have to learn basics of music. There is 12-note scale (each note separated by EXACTLY SAME distance (2)1/12 = 1.0594631...).

Thanks Alex. Glad someone here knows anything about this.

The purpose of this thread is to explore the relationship between numbers and symbolism, religious symbolism in particular, and try to give some validation as to what they mean. Got it? ...

Sickening to hear. You are taking values out of an infinite amount of variables in the universe, plucking a few that seem to "mean something" to you, and using them as a means to prove your emotional fixation. And it's gross man, just gross.

i know that diatonic tuning is rarely used anymore, except with guitars, but that is of no importance to this subject whatsoever.

WTF? Who in the hell ever told you the guitar is diatonic. I've played guitar for 9 years. Please apoligize for such an INCORRECT statement.

Once again. It's seriously sickening how Iacchus32 bends false and unrelated information to suit his psychological needs.

All wrong. Do re mi is not assigned to any notes. It can be sung in any key. It's merely a template. To say it goes with the "fundamental notes" is pure idiocy. Also, the sharps and flats WERE NOT added later. Where in the hell did you here that?
your music history seems off. guido invented do-re-mi... to correlate with the first tone in each of 6 songs tributed to saint john, each tone corresponds the the major scale. do-re-mi can be sung in any key, yet it was invented for use in the diatonic scale. and yes sharps were not added later into music, i was merely commenting on how we still use guido system slightly modified to include all semi-tones.

WTF? Who in the hell ever told you the guitar is diatonic. I've played guitar for 9 years. Please apoligize for such an INCORRECT statement.
another uneducated responce. the guitar is simply the only instrument i can think of that still uses diatonic tuning, steel guitarists(jerry byrd) can vouch for this. i never said that every guitarist uses diatonic tuning, your responce is pure ignorance.

this all started when you claimed a 7-note scale doesn't exist, this is false, the diatonic scale surely exists. don't even try to make up a new definition of a scale just to suit your misguided idea, you were wrong.

Hazzy - Just leave the forums man, no one wants you here.

"another uneducated responce. the guitar is simply the only instrument i can think of that still uses diatonic tuning, steel guitarists(jerry byrd) can vouch for this. i never said that every guitarist uses diatonic tuning, your responce is pure ignorance."

NO? The tuning of a guitar has NOTHING to do with it being chromatic.
THE FRETS OF A GUITAR DETERMIN WEATHER IT IS DIATONIC OR CHROMATIC.

NOT THE TUNING. What the hell is the matter with you man? A guitar is chromatic even if it has ONE STRING AND ITS TUNED TO ANY POSSIBLE PITCH.

DOn't make up crap just to suit your world. Leave the forums, go somewhere else.

Don't make up this crap.

I repeat: There's no such thing in western music as a 7 note scale. Western music is defined by the 12 note scale. ALL western music and most non-western music uses ONLY THIS 12 NOTE SCALE REPEATED IN OCTAVES.

THAT IS THE ONLY SCALE THERE IS. Leave the forums, you're spreading misinformation to suit your little world.

Let me repeat. There is NO musical scale with seven notes. Non exists out of all musical scales developed by all groups of people in the world. Aside from weird scales developed in the past 20 years.
there IS a seven note scale and although it’s not used today it still did exist, and may I add that it wasn’t even close to have been developed within 20 years. This was the beginning of a long, pointless argument, but you were still wrong.

NO? The tuning of a guitar has NOTHING to do with it being chromatic.
THE FRETS OF A GUITAR DETERMIN WEATHER IT IS DIATONIC OR CHROMATIC.
I never said the guitar itself was diatonic… I said the tuning was. We were speaking of the use of the diatonic scale and the only use in recent history I could think of was the steel guitar.

Anyways what’s your problem? Have you just realized that you’re not always right? You can keep pointing out little mistakes that I’ve made, but geez, stop desperately trying to cover up your own.

Also why should I leave? Because I don’t agree with you when you’re wrong? I don’t think that qualifies as a reason to leave a forum.

Sorry bud, but you just need to calm down.

tuning CANNOT BE DIATONIC.

DIATONIC IS A TERM USED FOR DEFINING A SERIES OF PITCH INTERVALS.

that's like saying a rock is fast, or a house is loud.

It makes no sense. I will not allow such misinformation to continue.

How many notes in the musical scale?

I think do, re, mi will do just fine for the sake of an example. Does anybody care? It sure doesn't look like it. Maybe you guys can start another thread in the General Discussion forum? Matter of fact I just saved you the trouble. Please follow the link below ...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2222

Iac, here is how colors are defined in terms of wavelength of e/m radiation: 420 nm = volet, 470 nm = blue, 500 nm = turquose, 540 nm = green, 570 nm = yellow, 610 nm = orange, 650 nm = red (all to +/- 20 nm because different people call "red" to different wavelengths). Notice lack of white in the middle (contrary to your color scale) because white is not a color.

So, based on what physical property of colors did you assign certain numbers to certain colors? And why did white happen to also be a color?

Iac, here is how colors are defined in terms of wavelength of e/m radiation: 420 nm = volet, 470 nm = blue, 500 nm = turquose, 540 nm = green, 570 nm = yellow, 610 nm = orange, 650 nm = red (all to +/- 20 nm because different people call "red" to different wavelengths). Notice lack of white in the middle (contrary to your color scale) because white is not a color.

So, based on what physical property of colors did you assign certain numbers to certain colors? And why did white happen to also be a color?
Well because I took art throughout school and was introduced to the color wheel, and I understood there were the six basic colors, with all the gradations in between. I also understood that the infrared spectrum occurred before the ultra-violet spectrum, and that the visible spectrum (white light?) existed in between. Therefore I naturally concluded that the visible light spectrum should begin with red and end with violet. Also, if you were to look at the picture below (follow the link), and imagined the six outer colors as lights shining in the center, then the center would indeed be white ... I also needed to come up with a universal relationship between the numbers 6 and 7 (in accord with the seven spirits of God at the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429"), and this seemed to do the trick.

Anything else you would like to know? There are a lot more things that I do with numbers, colors, symbolism and their relationships.

http://www.dionysus.org/7_colors.html

On WHAT ground did YOU assign number "7" to 420 nm wavelength (violet), number "6" to 470 nm = (blue), then NO number to 500 nm (=turquose), "5" to 540 nm (green), then you saddenly miss the number "4" (?!) assigning at will this number to the mixture of all wavewlengths altogether, then "3" to 570 nm (yellow), then "2" to 610 nm (orange), and then "1" to 650 nm (=red)? Any mathematical function, or you just decided to spread numbers at your peronal taste/ feelings?

Also, what was the reason to leave wide hole in the spectrum (where turquose is) and what was the reason to exclude number "4"? And what was the reason to assign the number "4" not to specific color (wavelength) but to the mixture of all colors?

And why after non-mathematical assigment of numbers to colors you still use arithmetic (math) to combine them?

And what does 37x12=444 mean exactly in your color notation? What is "37" here, what is "444" and what do "x" and "=" mean?

Alex - Like I said man, the world becomes bent around the emotionally driven outcome. ALL must somehow fit into what one so emotionally needs to be true. Sad, is it not?

On WHAT ground did YOU assign number "7" to 420 nm wavelength (violet), number "6" to 470 nm = (blue), then NO number to 500 nm (=turquose), "5" to 540 nm (green), then you saddenly miss the number "4" (?!) assigning at will this number to the mixture of all wavewlengths altogether, then "3" to 570 nm (yellow), then "2" to 610 nm (orange), and then "1" to 650 nm (=red)? Any mathematical function, or you just decided to spread numbers at your peronal taste/ feelings?

Also, what was the reason to leave wide hole in the spectrum (where turquose is) and what was the reason to exclude number "4"? And what was the reason to assign the number "4" not to specific color (wavelength) but to the mixture of all colors?

And why after non-mathematical assigment of numbers to colors you still use arithmetic (math) to combine them?

And what does 37x12=444 mean exactly in your color notation? What is "37" here, what is "444" and what do "x" and "=" mean?

In school they teach you there are three "primary" colors (red, yellow, blue) and three "secondary" colors (orange, green, violet). Now these are "pigmented colors," as opposed to "colors of light," which I suppose can make a difference? Nonetheless this is how I derived the six basic colors. From there it was an educated guess (per what I said in the previous post) as to what color I should assign to number 1.

As I said the six "basic colors" had already been determined (had no idea about turquoise) ... Also, are you familiar with the Jewish Menorah? ... i.e., the older version with seven branches? I was trying to develop a relationship between this and the Star of David (i.e., hexagram), and figure out how to incorporate the number seven (seven branches of the Menorah) into both schemes. Anyway the number "4" is in the center of the Menorah and yet, there are only six colors which can be assigned to Star of David, therefore the only way to add a seventh aspect would be to its center (as in the Menorah). And, since the six colors has already been determined, it only made sense that the center be white, and hence the central color scheme itself -- "white light." This also makes sense in that the stand of the Menorah is the center as well as the "4th aspect." If you follow the link below you might get a better idea.

http://www.dionysus.org/cover.gif

The numbers help to illustrate the symmetry between the Menorah and the Star of David, and that indeed the "4th aspect" belongs in the center (of each).

After determining the number values for yellow (3) and violet (7), I realized that it corresponded to this meditation phenomenon that I relate at the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429", as illustrated by my avatar to the left. Beyond that, I don't know that there's much else to say ... except that it helps illustrate the "spherical" relationship between the symbols, colors, numbers and the meditation technique. If you would like to read more please follow the link ...

http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

See now Alex? Without reading Iacchus32's post, I know just what he said!

The world becomes bent around the emotionally driven outcome. ALL must somehow fit into what one so emotionally needs to be true. Sad, is it not?

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
See now Alex? Without reading Iacchus32's post, I know just what he said!

The world becomes bent around the emotionally driven outcome. ALL must somehow fit into what one so emotionally needs to be true. Sad, is it not?
Life was meant for living man ... not overanalyzed to every single last detail. So what gives? I thought you said you were going to stop spamming my posts?

You said it yourself man, your little theory involves you picking numbers for colors with no reasoning.

And then you're applying this PseudoScience to reality?

Come on now man, you MUST be able to see how flaw-filled your idea is?

I'm scared if you cannot!

You said it yourself man, your little theory involves you picking numbers for colors with no reasoning.

And then you're applying this PseudoScience to reality?

Come on now man, you MUST be able to see how flaw-filled your idea is?

I'm scared if you cannot!
If it makes you happy to believe all of this then go ahead. But don't bother to ask for my reply.

The world becomes bent around the emotionally driven outcome.

And also around emotionally driven income (from pockets of ignorant buyers).

And also around emotionally driven income (from pockets of ignorant buyers).
I did answer your previous post by the way, in case you're interested. I don't know what it is about LocalAtheist's appeal? ... but I realize some of us are more easily influenced by spam than others. I'll make it easier on you though and repost it below, so it won't be necessary to flip back to the previous page. Now how's that for service! ... And I'll even throw in a couple of smiles at no charge! :smile: :wink:

Redundant Repost

In school they teach you there are three "primary" colors (red, yellow, blue) and three "secondary" colors (orange, green, violet). Now these are "pigmented colors," as opposed to "colors of light," which I suppose can make a difference? Nonetheless this is how I derived the six basic colors. From there it was an educated guess (per what I said in the previous post) as to what color I should assign to number 1.

As I said the six "basic colors" had already been determined (had no idea about turquoise) ... Also, are you familiar with the Jewish Menorah? ... i.e., the older version with seven branches? I was trying to develop a relationship between this and the Star of David (i.e., hexagram), and figure out how to incorporate the number seven (seven branches of the Menorah) into both schemes. Anyway the number "4" is in the center of the Menorah and yet, there are only six colors which can be assigned to Star of David, therefore the only way to add a seventh aspect would be to its center (as in the Menorah). And, since the six colors has already been determined, it only made sense that the center be white, and hence the central color scheme itself -- "white light." This also makes sense in that the stand of the Menorah is the center as well as the "4th aspect." If you follow the link below you might get a better idea.

http://www.dionysus.org/cover.gif

The numbers help to illustrate the symmetry between the Menorah and the Star of David, and that indeed the "4th aspect" belongs in the center (of each).

After determining the number values for yellow (3) and violet (7), I realized that it corresponded to this meditation phenomenon that I relate at the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429", as illustrated by my avatar to the left. Beyond that, I don't know that there's much else to say ... except that it helps illustrate the "spherical" relationship between the symbols, colors, numbers and the meditation technique. If you would like to read more please follow the link ...

http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

Does anyone actually buy your "book"?

Does anyone actually buy your "book"?
No. Is the book complete? No. Have I made any money from the sales of the book? No. Have I tried to get people to buy the book? No, it needs work. Have I put too much of my time, resources and money into the book? You bet! Do I care anymore? Not much!

I've spent over ten years working on the book and webpage, and thousands of dollars and thousands of hours. At some point I need to get back to it though, and stop spending so much time on Physics Forums.

Noooooo, don't do that! Stay here - this is a nice place to learn, I like it. Mythology is dying anyway (as education is getting better), and there is plenty of competition there to make money on ignorant public. Not easy bread.

Look at those religion sunday shows on TV - it takes to be a strong maniac caring about nothing but profits - and with good acting talent - to make money on fooling people. It is a tough job.