Is the Washington Times article biased?

• News
  • Thread starter Sting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article
In summary, a conversation about two professors and an article criticizing them for their views on the war and the media turns into a discussion about freedom of speech and the role of journalism. The participants express their own experiences with the professors and their classes, as well as their opinions on the article and the website it links to. One person suggests that the article is biased and not objective journalism, citing a related advertisement as evidence.
Sting
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030414-81084634.htm [Broken]

What's interesting is that I've taken both professors' classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like the WTimes is trying to get some people fired. And doing their usual job of whipping up the faithful...

What did you think of the classes and their teaching, Sting?

Hi Damgo,

They are great professors, kind and encouraging. I won't lie, they are leftist but they don't bash people who don't agree with their opinion and are willing to listen.

Their classes have changed me in a way because they opened my eyes to what goes on in the world. Hearing the struggles of the world made me want to fight for the common man.

I've read the article by Dr. Stevenson and several newspapers have taken it out of context.

Nothing like demonizing the dissenters...

well it is considered improper to nail them to crosses these days.

Did you go to the website and read the letter from the editor of the targeted site?

It is exactly why I had tried to get 'someone's' to understand that Freedom of Speech is stronger if you endevour to mediate the Hate speech, that includes the threats, as that has a bad tendency to reduce the Freedom of Speech!

The site is http://www.amazonepress.com/index.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
The article seems to insinuate that the website should not be hosted by someone in Dalton. I would just like to see some objective journalism.

When I went to that article, the random adlink on the bottom happened to say "Support president bush/Support our troops". It takes you to some place called Newsmax. They sell bush baseball caps and such...doesn't sound like very legitimate news to me. The link seemed to be a fitting touch to finish off the article.

What is the "Washington Times Article" about?

The "Washington Times Article" is a news article published by The Washington Times, a daily newspaper based in Washington D.C. The subject matter of the article can vary and covers a wide range of topics including politics, current events, business, and more.

Who wrote the "Washington Times Article"?

The author of the "Washington Times Article" is typically listed at the beginning or end of the article. The name of the author can vary depending on the subject matter of the article and the section it is published in. The Washington Times also has a team of journalists and contributors who may write articles under the publication's name.

Is the information in the "Washington Times Article" reliable?

The Washington Times is a reputable newspaper and has been in publication since 1982. Like any news source, it is important to critically evaluate the information presented in the article and consider the potential biases of the author or publication. It is also recommended to cross-check information with other credible sources.

Can I use information from the "Washington Times Article" in my research or academic work?

Yes, you can use information from the "Washington Times Article" in your research or academic work. However, it is important to properly cite the source and to critically evaluate the information for accuracy and relevance to your topic.

Can I contact the author of the "Washington Times Article" for more information?

The author's contact information is usually not provided in the article. However, you can reach out to the publication's editorial team or the author's social media accounts if available. Keep in mind that not all authors may respond to inquiries or may have limitations on providing additional information due to journalistic ethics.