Download MatrixVB.dll Library for Visual Basic Free

• Thread starter Xishan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Visual
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a free download of the matrixvb.dll file, which is a math library for Visual Basic. The conversation then shifts to finding a way to run GWBASIC on a Windows XP computer, with one person suggesting using the command prompt or MS-DOS prompt. However, another person mentions that this may not be possible due to the outdated technology and the potential for piracy.
Xishan
Can someone please help me how i can find matrixvb.dll file on the net for a free downlaod? This file is actually a math library for vb.

its Xishan

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not meant to hijack this thread!

I have some old programs I wrote in GWBASIC. I no longer own the computer that had an old version of Windows on it that could emulate DOS and run the programs. Is there some sneaky way to get a Windows XP computer into a C:> prompt such that I could execute good old fashioned GWBASIC?

Okay, so I'm too cheap to upgrade to Visual Basic. :rolleyes:

Is there some sneaky way to get a Windows XP computer into a C:> prompt such that I could execute good old fashioned GWBASIC?

I don't know about a sneaky way, there is however a very straight forward way. Command prompt is on the start menu and last time I checked it will still run the old DOS Qbasic (I haven't tried gwbasic however).

Call me STUPID & IGNORANT if you care to.

Do you literally mean I should be looking for the words "Command prompt"? Under Accessories maybe? I'm just not seeing it anywhere in Start.

ADDED LATER: Maybe the 'Run' bit of Start?

Last edited:
It may depend upon the particular version of Windows you are running. On my "Windows ME" (now outdated and I am going to replace it), I can go to "Programs", "Accessories" and find "MS-Dos Prompt".

Hit Start->Run, type "command.exe" (or just "command") and hit enter.

- Warren

And, since matrixvb is a commercial product from the MathWorks, I need to close this thread. We don't condone piracy here.

- Warren

1. What is the MatrixVB.dll library?

The MatrixVB.dll library is a dynamic link library (DLL) file that contains functions and procedures specifically designed for Visual Basic programming. It allows for the use of advanced mathematical and matrix operations within Visual Basic code.

2. How do I download the MatrixVB.dll library?

To download the MatrixVB.dll library, you can either search for it on a trusted website or download it from the official Microsoft website. Make sure to choose the appropriate version for your operating system and programming language.

3. Is the MatrixVB.dll library free to use?

Yes, the MatrixVB.dll library is completely free to use. It is a part of the Visual Basic runtime files and is included with the installation of Visual Basic.

4. How do I use the MatrixVB.dll library in my Visual Basic project?

First, you need to register the MatrixVB.dll library in your project. You can do this by going to the "Project" menu, selecting "References", and then clicking on "Browse" to locate the MatrixVB.dll file on your computer. Once it is registered, you can use the library's functions and procedures in your code.

5. Where can I find documentation for the MatrixVB.dll library?

The MatrixVB.dll library comes with its own documentation in the form of a help file. You can access this help file by going to the "Help" menu in Visual Basic and selecting "Microsoft Visual Basic Help". From there, you can search for the MatrixVB.dll library and find detailed information on how to use its functions and procedures.