Simple Projector (can you help me?)

• Thread starter Moezeus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Projector
In summary, the conversation is about a person's desire to make a simple projector using a convex lens. They are seeking advice and better solutions from others, and clarifying that it is not for a homework assignment, but rather a final project. Another person questions why they are asking for help when they can easily find solutions through a simple Google search.
Moezeus
Hello everyone !
i want to make a simple projector using a convex lens, is it possible ?

i don't think want to make it as same as the real projector, which using a mirror inside (i don't know for sure, but my senior told that). when i search for some solution in google, i get some, but maybe you can give me better. i am a newbie, so, am sorry if there any mistakes in my words. love physics always

not really a homework, but final project in geometrical optics

~Moezeus~

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Simple Projector (can you help me?)

1. How does a simple projector work?

A simple projector works by shining a light through a transparent image or slide and projecting it onto a flat surface, such as a screen or wall. The light passes through the image, which magnifies and projects it onto the surface.

2. What type of light source is used in a simple projector?

A simple projector typically uses a bright light bulb, such as a halogen or LED bulb, as its light source. These bulbs are able to produce a bright and focused beam of light, which is necessary for projecting images.

3. Can I use any type of image or slide with a simple projector?

Yes, you can use any type of image or slide with a simple projector as long as it is transparent. This includes traditional slides, film negatives, and even transparent sheets. However, the image should be well-focused and high in contrast for the best projection results.

4. What are the advantages of using a simple projector?

One of the main advantages of a simple projector is its portability and ease of use. It is also a relatively inexpensive option compared to other types of projectors. Additionally, a simple projector can project images onto a larger surface compared to traditional screens, making it ideal for presentations or movie nights.

5. How do I set up and use a simple projector?

To set up a simple projector, you will need to connect it to a power source and position it at an appropriate distance from the projection surface. You will also need to adjust the focus and alignment of the image using the projector's controls. Once set up, you can use the projector by inserting your desired image or slide and turning on the light source. Some simple projectors also have additional features, such as brightness and contrast adjustments, that can be adjusted for optimal projection quality.