Man 'surviving on sun, liquids'

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Liquids Sun
In summary, there is a conversation about a man who claims to have not eaten for a long period of time and only survives on sunlight and liquids. Some people are skeptical and suggest that it may be due to hidden energy or a liquid diet. Others mention similar diets by sun/liquid carnivores in Peru and Central America. NASA is studying the case.
What do you all think about this? Pretty strange!

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6674628 ^13762,00.html

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt

Greg! Yeah I've heard about this. Not many doing it. There are also B REATHAIRIANS who live on trace elements in the air...
hmmmmmmmm...

I suppose anything is possible... takes a bit of focus and a lot of luck... luck, that is, that entails finding a planet as diverse and abundant as this... or a universe of similar qualities!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats more is I heard about the sun/liquid carnivors who live in Peru and Central America... they'll sit in the sun... activating the Vit D that naturally occurs in the skin and the liquids of course can hold any number of nutrients... these people don't move much... they are conserveing energy...that 3way... cheers...

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt

Really hard to believe. I would think that a relatively simple energy calculation could prove or disprove the feasibility...unless of course we absorb hidden energy that we cannot calculate presently. But, if this guy can continue to not eat for much longer, then surely something strange is afoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I can believe this one either.

Ever heard of Intraveinus feeding?

There's no way in heaven you're stuffing a potato salad down an intraveinus tube into your capillaries.
Its all LIQUID... now... just open the blinds a bit... and whallah...

Sun and Liquid diet.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
...unless of course we absorb hidden energy that we cannot calculate presently.

you're probably referring to ... Dark Energy
I guess this guy solves some astrophysical problems...guess that's why NASA is studying the case

1. Can humans survive solely on the energy of the sun?

It is not currently possible for humans to survive solely on the energy of the sun. While the sun provides energy in the form of light and heat, humans require a balanced diet of nutrients, including protein, carbohydrates, and fats, to survive.

2. What is the concept behind "man surviving on liquids"?

The concept of "man surviving on liquids" refers to the idea that humans could potentially survive by consuming only liquid substances, such as juices or smoothies, instead of solid foods. This concept is often associated with detox diets or fasting. However, it is not a sustainable or healthy way for humans to survive long-term.

3. Is it possible to survive on only water?

No, it is not possible for humans to survive on only water. While water is essential for hydration and maintaining bodily functions, it does not provide the necessary nutrients for survival. Consuming only water can lead to severe malnutrition and other health issues.

4. Are there any documented cases of humans surviving on sun and liquids?

No, there are no documented cases of humans surviving solely on sun and liquids. While there have been some individuals who have claimed to survive on liquid diets or sunlight, these claims have not been scientifically proven and are not considered a feasible way for humans to survive.

5. Can humans derive energy from the sun like plants do?

No, humans cannot derive energy from the sun like plants do. Plants have a unique ability to convert sunlight into energy through the process of photosynthesis, which humans are not capable of. While humans can absorb some vitamin D from the sun, it is not a significant source of energy for our bodies.