When is the best time to start studying for finals?

In summary, the conversation is about finals and when they begin and end for different people. One person is celebrating being done with their finals, while another has a longer finals period and will not finish until June 30th. The conversation also mentions different schedules and dates for finals and the difference between school and university.
climbhi
My last final was over at 3:30 today, Finally! (haha, pun fully intended ) Man it feels good to be done with finals. I aced that final too, although it was particularly grueling and took me nearly 5 hours to complete (and I was one of the first done) So I just had to celebrate, anyone else in here done with finals soon too?

Physics news on Phys.org
my first final is on 8 june and my last final on 30 june

Originally posted by MSI
my first final is on 8 june and my last final on 30 june
Wow you're not from the states are you? I've never heard of a final schedule like that anywhere in the US. Wow june 30 that's late to get out of school, and not to mention that you have a 3 week finals period. Geez, that's just crazy!

Originally posted by climbhi
Wow you're not from the states are you? I've never heard of a final schedule like that anywhere in the US. Wow june 30 that's late to get out of school, and not to mention that you have a 3 week finals period. Geez, that's just crazy!

well that is the crazy jordanians ...
i start it again at 20 septemper
(i am at univercity not school)*

Originally posted by MSI
well that is the crazy jordanians ...
i start it again at 20 septemper
(i am at univercity not school)*
Yeah I figured with a finals period that long you musta been at a university but at least here in Utah we use the words school and university pretty interchangebly... Good luck with that by the way that's intense!

1. What is the significance of a final exam in a class?

A final exam is typically the last assessment given in a class and covers all of the material that was taught throughout the course. It is used to evaluate a student's understanding of the subject and determine their final grade.

2. What should I do after my last class final?

After completing your final exam, it is important to take some time to relax and celebrate your accomplishments. You can also use this time to reflect on your performance and identify areas where you can improve in the future.

3. How does a final exam differ from other exams in a class?

Unlike other exams, a final exam typically covers a larger amount of material and is weighted more heavily in determining a student's final grade. It may also have a longer time limit and require more critical thinking and application of knowledge.

4. How can I prepare for my final exam?

To prepare for a final exam, it is important to review your notes, readings, and assignments from throughout the course. You can also create study guides, practice quizzes, and work with classmates to review material and test your knowledge.

5. What happens if I fail my last class final?

If you do not pass your final exam, it may affect your overall grade in the class. You may be given the opportunity to retake the exam or complete additional assignments to improve your grade. It is important to communicate with your instructor and seek help if needed to improve your understanding of the material.