VB codes for math symbols?

• Thread starter Doc Al
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the list of vB codes for math symbols and formatting equations. The original poster is looking for a sticky that used to contain the codes, but it is no longer available. Another user suggests checking out the announcement at the top of every forum and the LaTeX thread for information on formatting equations. The conversation also mentions the possibility of learning LaTeX for easier equation typing.
Doc Al
Mentor
Could someone please direct me to the list of vB codes that are available for making math symbols. There used to be a sticky that contained them, but it's gone. (Any pointers to other info about formatting equations with vB codes would be helpful also.)

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm looking for the list of vB codes that used to be in a similar sticky, not the Latex stuff.

Don't tell me it's time I learned LaTeX...

Originally posted by Doc Al
I'm looking for the list of vB codes that used to be in a similar sticky, not the Latex stuff.

I have actually taken down the bbcode symbol gifs and the topic about the ascii symbol codes. Check out the latex thread, it's not hard to pick up the basics.

Originally posted by Doc Al
Sorry for the confusion!
Perhaps it is -- it's no harder to type [tex]\partial[/tex] than it is to type &pd; after all.

- Warren

1. What is the purpose of using VB codes for math symbols?

VB codes for math symbols are commonly used in programming to represent mathematical symbols or equations in a more concise and readable format. This is especially useful in scientific or mathematical applications where complex equations need to be displayed.

2. How do I use VB codes for math symbols in my code?

To use VB codes for math symbols, you can simply include the symbol's code within your code, surrounded by an "&" symbol. For example, to display the symbol for pi, you would use "π" in your code.

3. Can I use VB codes for math symbols in any programming language?

No, VB codes for math symbols are specific to Visual Basic programming language. Other programming languages may use different methods to represent math symbols.

4. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when using VB codes for math symbols?

One common mistake is forgetting to include the "&" symbol before and after the code for the math symbol. This will result in the code being displayed instead of the symbol. It is also important to make sure you are using the correct code for the specific symbol you want to display.

5. Where can I find a list of VB codes for math symbols?

There are many resources available online that provide a comprehensive list of VB codes for math symbols. Some popular websites include Microsoft's official Visual Basic documentation and tutorials, as well as various programming forums and communities.