Should Low Walls Rest on Top of Beams for Brickwall Design?

In summary, beam design on brickwall is the process of designing and constructing a beam to support the weight and load of a brick wall. It is important in ensuring the structural integrity and stability of the wall. Factors such as type of brick, wall height and length, load, beam type, and building design must be considered. The most common types of beams used are reinforced concrete and steel beams, and the size of the beam is determined by the load, wall span, and beam type.
HarryKoh
1.Hey guys!
I will need to design a floor with slab, beams and columns. Brickwall should rest on top of beam as possible. How about low wall, does it needs to rest on top of beams as well? Thanks!

2. No equation

3. I've designed some, but without low wall, that's what made me curious.

P/S : This is neither a homework or work, I'm only into my course for awhile now, I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Case solved. Thanks all! How do I delete this thread?

Related to Should Low Walls Rest on Top of Beams for Brickwall Design?

What is beam design on brickwall?

Beam design on brickwall is the process of designing and constructing a beam to be placed on a brick wall. This involves determining the appropriate size, shape, and materials of the beam to ensure it can support the weight and load of the wall.

Why is beam design on brickwall important?

Beam design on brickwall is important because it ensures the structural integrity and stability of the wall. A well-designed beam can prevent the wall from collapsing or cracking under the weight and pressure of the building or other external factors.

What factors should be considered in beam design on brickwall?

There are several factors that should be considered in beam design on brickwall, including the type of brick used, the height and length of the wall, the load it will bear, the type of beam (e.g. wooden, steel), and the overall design and layout of the building.

What are the common types of beams used in brickwall design?

The most common types of beams used in brickwall design are reinforced concrete beams and steel beams. Reinforced concrete beams are made of concrete and steel bars, while steel beams are made entirely of steel. The type of beam used will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the building and wall.

How is the beam size determined in brickwall design?

The beam size is determined by considering the load the beam will bear, the span of the wall, and the type of beam used. The size of the beam must be able to support the weight of the wall, as well as any additional loads such as furniture or wind pressure.