Should I study in Egypt or abroad?

• Other
  • Thread starter Ahmed el tantawi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary: It seems you know the answer to this. It seems that the abroad option is probably better but you don't want to leave home.In any event, leaving home should factor into your decision too because a homesick student won't do well abroad.
Ahmed el tantawi
I have a BSc in architecture but i have always had a passion for physics and how the universe works.. So, after graduation I decided to follow my passion.. It led me to 2 options

1: I can study here in Egypt a crash course and get a MSc in 3 years and the plan is to have an undergraduate courses in 1 year and begin my MSc studies for 2 years at The American University In Cairo AUC for short.

2: I travel abroad and study in Leipzig, Germany in the International Physics Study Program IPSP for short, and get a BSc in 3 years and then a MSc in 2 years , so that's 5 years in total.

So, my confusion is.. Should I study in Egypt that has a low rank in learning( honestly, I didn't search for AUC ranking globally because the learning here in Egypt blows in the whole country) but, i can get a MSc in 3 years and then travel abroad if i want to.. Or should i travel abroad from the beginning? And take 3 years for BSc and then 2 for MSc and then god knows what!..

Physics news on Phys.org
It seems you know the answer to this. It seems that the abroad option is probably better but you don't want to leave home.

In any event, leaving home should factor into your decision too because a homesick student won't do well abroad.

Also have you talked it over with an academic advisor? They might be able to give you more insight.

jedishrfu said:
It seems you know the answer to this. It seems that the abroad option is probably better but you don't want to leave home.

In any event, leaving home should factor into your decision too because a homesick student won't do well abroad.

Also have you talked it over with an academic advisor? They might be able to give you more insight.
I talked to an academic advisor in the mentioned calluge AUC and he told me the abroad option is better..

About the homesick thing, i don't know if fully understand you.. I mean, i hate it here.. It has no place for my future and i the way i want to learn.. And when thinking about leaving home and living alone.. The thought doesnt2bother me.. So, is that enough?
Thx for the reply, you solved me a problem and made me think about another

It sounded like you didn't want to leave Egypt and I thought you were homesick.

If it doesn't bother you and you are good at making new friends then you are good to go.

Likes Ahmed el tantawi

Related to Should I study in Egypt or abroad?

1. Should I study in Egypt or abroad?

This is a common question among students who are considering pursuing higher education. The answer ultimately depends on your personal preferences, goals, and resources.

2. What are the benefits of studying in Egypt?

Studying in Egypt can offer a unique cultural experience, as well as the opportunity to learn Arabic, which is a widely spoken language in the Middle East and North Africa region. Additionally, studying in Egypt may be more affordable compared to studying abroad.

3. What are the benefits of studying abroad?

Studying abroad allows you to immerse yourself in a new culture, broaden your perspective, and gain a global network of connections. It can also provide access to specialized programs and research opportunities that may not be available in Egypt.

4. What are the challenges of studying in Egypt?

Some challenges of studying in Egypt may include adapting to a new culture, language, and educational system. Additionally, the political and social climate in Egypt can be unpredictable, which may affect your safety and academic experience.

5. What are the challenges of studying abroad?

Studying abroad can also present challenges such as culture shock, homesickness, and language barriers. It can also be expensive, and the process of obtaining a student visa and adjusting to a new environment can be overwhelming. However, many students find that these challenges can be overcome with time and support.