Should I Repost a Missing Thread in the General Physics Forum?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, it is not recommended to repost a thread that has disappeared from the General Physics forum in the past two days. It is best to leave it as it is and not try to start it up again. It is possible that the thread may have been moved to the General Discussions forum or deleted for not meeting science guidelines. However, in this case, it seems that the thread was put into moderation due to the inclusion of links. The moderators have since taken it out of moderation.
Loren Booda
Is it recommended to repost a thread which disappeared from the General Physics forum in the past two days?

Physics news on Phys.org
Loren Booda said:
Is it recommended to repost a thread which disappeared from the General Physics forum in the past two days?

Absolutely not.

Zz.

If a thread disappeared, it disappeared for a reason. It would be a bad idea to start it up again.

You might find it in GD, some threads are moved there if they don't meet science guidelines.

I would take a thread deletion sans infraction as a gift, but that's just my take. I'm "perpectually" amazed at the kindness of strangers. :devil:

@Evo, MathIsHard (mentioned as Mentors in Politics forum)

Hi,
I posted a thread in Politics forum about India-Election 2011 .
I am not able to find it. I would like to know the status of that thread?
Thanks.

It seems it went into moderation, that happens sometimes when new members post links. I took it out of moderation.

Thanks for the quick response :)

Related to Should I Repost a Missing Thread in the General Physics Forum?

1. What is a "repost missing thread"?

A "repost missing thread" refers to a post or discussion thread that has been deleted or removed from a forum or online platform, and is then reposted by another user.

2. Why do people repost missing threads?

People may repost missing threads in order to continue a discussion or share information that was lost when the original thread was deleted. They may also do so if they believe the thread was unfairly removed or if they want to bring attention to an important topic.

3. How can I find a missing thread to repost?

You can try searching for the thread using keywords or hashtags related to the topic. You can also ask other users if they have a copy of the thread or know where it can be found.

4. Is reposting a missing thread allowed?

It depends on the rules and guidelines of the specific forum or platform. Some may allow reposting of missing threads, while others may consider it spamming or against their terms of use.

5. What should I do if I find a reposted missing thread?

If you believe the reposted thread is violating any rules or guidelines, you can report it to the moderators or administrators of the forum or platform. If you are unsure, you can also reach out to the person who reposted the thread and ask for their reasoning or intentions.