Should I get another degree in engineering?

In summary, the conversation discusses the struggle of finding a job after graduating with a physics degree and not having enough experience. The individual is considering going back to school for an electrical engineering degree, possibly at a master's level, to improve job prospects.
SmallDot
Hello!
I graduated with a physics degree last summer and I have yet to find a job. Originally I was aiming for a graduate degree in astrophysics so I spent most of my time doing "theoretical research" instead of internships and what not.. I didn't get any acceptances and now I'm struggling to find a job with my degree. I got turned down to some positions because of my lack of experience. Now I'm planning to go back to school for an EE degree but not sure if I should? Any advices?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are going to do that, at least go back for a master's degree and not a second baccalaureate.

A good option may be to do an MSc in an engineering subject . The qualification and the practical experience that you could gain would certainly lead to better job prospects .

Related to Should I get another degree in engineering?

1. Should I get another degree in engineering?

The decision to pursue another degree in engineering ultimately depends on your career goals and personal interests. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks, as well as the time and financial commitment required.

2. What are the benefits of getting another degree in engineering?

Additional education can open up new career opportunities, increase your earning potential, and enhance your technical skills and knowledge. It can also demonstrate dedication and ambition to potential employers.

3. What are the drawbacks of getting another degree in engineering?

Obtaining another degree may require a significant investment of time and money, and may not necessarily result in a higher salary or job advancement. It is important to carefully weigh the potential costs and benefits before making a decision.

4. Will getting another degree in engineering make me more employable?

Having a higher level of education can make you a more competitive candidate for certain positions, especially in specialized areas of engineering. However, employers also value practical experience and skills, so it is important to have a well-rounded resume.

5. Can I pursue another degree in engineering while working full-time?

It is possible to balance work and additional education, but it will require a significant amount of time management and dedication. Consider flexible or online programs, and be prepared to make sacrifices in your personal life to accommodate your studies.