Why does every topic on the screen say Last Post by tribdog?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the experience of constantly seeing "Last Post by tribdog" on the screen and the delay in responding due to forgetting to refresh. The conversation then shifts to the topic of smoking pipes and cigars, with one person sharing their experience and recommending it as a way to ward off mountain lions. The conversation ends with a playful exchange about being a "PF tweaker" and the definition of the term.
tribdog
Seems like I only have to be here about five minutes before every topic on the screen says Last Post by tribdog. Then I sit and stare at the screen for about 20 minutes before I remember to hit refresh then I can go and change all the ones that have been replied to.

Physics news on Phys.org
I was up all night smoking a pipe. Ever smoke pipes or cigars? Once in a while I get into it. I have this extremely tasty pipe tobacco from a Persian store.

tribdog said:
Seems like I only have to be here about five minutes before every topic on the screen says Last Post by tribdog. Then I sit and stare at the screen for about 20 minutes before I remember to hit refresh then I can go and change all the ones that have been replied to.
Heh, you can always tell when someone first connects after being off for a while. You'll see a rash of postings by that person. I do the same thing.

zoobyshoe said:
I was up all night smoking a pipe.
:eek:

Evo said:
:eek:
You should try it. It wards off mountain lions.

zoobyshoe said:
I was up all night smoking a pipe. Ever smoke pipes or cigars? Once in a while I get into it. I have this extremely tasty pipe tobacco from a Persian store.
you the official PF tweaker?

tribdog said:
you the official PF tweaker?
Now, try and tell me you didn't say THAT on purpose!

What is a tweaker?? I tend to look at all the threads in the USER CP and then i move on to general discussion and add my two cents.

1. Why does every topic on the screen say Last Post by tribdog?

The reason every topic on the screen says Last Post by tribdog is because tribdog is the most recent user to make a post in that particular topic. This is a common feature on online forums and discussion boards to show the most recent activity in a topic.

2. Does tribdog have a special role or privilege on this forum?

No, tribdog does not have any special role or privilege on this forum. They are simply the most recent user to make a post in each topic.

3. Is there a way to change the name that appears as Last Post?

Yes, the name that appears as Last Post can be changed by the forum administrator. They can choose to display the username of the last poster or the name of the topic starter.

4. How often is the Last Post information updated?

The Last Post information is typically updated in real-time, meaning it is updated as soon as a new post is made in a topic. However, some forums may have a delay in updating this information.

5. Can I filter topics by Last Post?

Yes, many forums allow users to filter topics by Last Post, so they can easily see the most recent discussions. This is a helpful feature for users who want to stay up-to-date on the latest conversations.