Share Cool Techniques and Problems - No Answer Needed

• Thread starter PumpkinCougar95
  • Start date
In summary, you can share techniques or problems which you think are cool, but do not need an answer. You can ask for an example from the forum user, but most people are more interested in content than reading and first looking for the rules.
PumpkinCougar95
Gold Member
So, If I just wanted to share some technique or problems which I think are pretty cool but don't really need an answer, can I do that?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you send me an example via PM so I can give you some feedback? Just click my username by my avatar, and select "Start a Conversation". Thanks.

PumpkinCougar95 said:
So, If I just wanted to share some technique or problems which I think are pretty cool but don't really need an answer, can I do that?
berkeman said:
Can you send me an example via PM so I can give you some feedback? Just click my username by my avatar, and select "Start a Conversation". Thanks.
What a question! You can say anything if it is on-topic for the forum, reasonably and understandably composed, and if not immoral, unethical, or illegal.

Your kind of question reminds me of a time when a high school student gave a demonstration speech,...
I better not say more about it.

Likes davenn
symbolipoint said:
You can say anything if it is on-topic for the forum, reasonably and understandably composed, and if not immoral, unethical, or illegal.
... And complies with the forum rules, of course.

What you're seeing here isn't unusual: someone is not sure whether something will be allowed under the forum rules so they ask first.

Nugatory said:
... And complies with the forum rules, of course.

What you're seeing here isn't unusual: someone is not sure whether something will be allowed under the forum rules so they ask first.
Most people are more interested in seeing, reading, and participating in forum's content than in READING and first looking for the rules. I myself do not read forums' rules too carefully; instead I use my own best sense of what content would be expected for the forum. I have a good enough sense (most of the time) to know what kind of communicating is bad. One would think that any forum member or prospective member knows what is good or bad to do and needs no looking for and reading of rules.

For all that, I gave my fairly short comment: ...anything if it is on-topic for the forum, reasonably and understandably composed, and if not immoral, unethical, or illegal.

symbolipoint said:
I myself do not read forums' rules too carefully; instead I use my own best sense of what content would be expected for the forum. I have a good enough sense (most of the time) to know what kind of communicating is bad. One would think that any forum member or prospective member knows what is good or bad to do and needs no looking for and reading of rules.
Because many things are deleted before you see them, I believe that you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here. Today has been especially weird, so your comments that I've quoted are a bit ironic.

Likes jim mcnamara
berkeman said:
Because many things are deleted before you see them, I believe that you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here. Today has been especially weird, so your comments that I've quoted are a bit ironic.
Maybe I have learned and had a head-start. Only extremely very rarely were any of my posts deleted. I am not in the heads too well of members whose posts have been more frequently deleted so I can only assume that they do not think the way do I.

Likes berkeman

Related to Share Cool Techniques and Problems - No Answer Needed

1. What is the purpose of sharing cool techniques and problems?

The purpose of sharing cool techniques and problems is to foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the scientific community. By sharing techniques and problems, scientists can learn from each other and potentially find new solutions to existing problems.

2. How can I contribute to the "Share Cool Techniques and Problems" platform?

You can contribute to the platform by sharing your own cool techniques and problems that you have encountered in your research. You can also provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to existing techniques and problems shared by others.

3. Are there any guidelines for sharing techniques and problems on this platform?

Yes, there are a few guidelines to follow when sharing techniques and problems on this platform. First, make sure to provide clear and concise descriptions of the technique or problem. Additionally, include any relevant data or images to help others understand the technique or problem better. Lastly, make sure to give credit to any sources or collaborators that contributed to the technique or problem.

4. Can I share techniques and problems from any scientific field?

Yes, this platform is open to techniques and problems from all scientific fields. The more diverse the techniques and problems shared, the more opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration and learning.

5. How can I stay updated on new techniques and problems shared on this platform?

You can stay updated by regularly checking the platform for new posts or by subscribing to notifications. You can also follow the platform's social media accounts for updates and announcements.