Set Up Auto-Run Programs in OS X - Lyuokdea

• Thread starter Lyuokdea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Os
In summary, an auto-run program in OS X is a software application that automatically launches and starts running when the computer is turned on or when a specific event occurs. To set up an auto-run program in OS X, you can go to the System Preferences and select "Users & Groups" and then add the desired program to your auto-run list. You can choose which programs to auto-run in OS X by going to the "Login Items" tab in the System Preferences and selecting the program you want to add or remove from the list. To disable an auto-run program in OS X, you can go to the "Login Items" tab in the System Preferences and uncheck the box next to the program you want to disable. There is no
Lyuokdea
In OS X, how do you set up user preferances so that when you log in, various programs automatically run every time. I started doing my programming on macs recently for work, and I often need to open 6-8 terminals, and then guide them to different directories and open different files every time I log on, which wastes a lot of time, how do I automate this?

~Lyuokdea

Computer science news on Phys.org
to automate that you should use an automator script. then you can have that automator script launched at log-in by going into system prefs->users->startup tab.

Hi there,

Setting up auto-run programs in OS X is actually quite simple. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon in the top left corner and selecting "System Preferences" from the drop-down menu.

2. In System Preferences, click on "Users & Groups" to open the user preferences.

3. Select your user account from the list on the left side of the window.

4. Click on the "Login Items" tab at the top of the window.

5. To add a program to the auto-run list, click on the "+" button at the bottom of the list.

6. Navigate to the program you want to add and select it. You can add multiple programs by repeating this step.

7. To remove a program from the auto-run list, simply select it and click on the "-" button at the bottom of the list.

8. Once you have added all the programs you want to run automatically, you can rearrange their order by dragging and dropping them in the list.

9. Close System Preferences and the changes will be saved.

Now, whenever you log in to your account, the programs you have added to the auto-run list will automatically start up. This will save you a lot of time and effort in opening and navigating to different programs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. Happy coding!

Related to Set Up Auto-Run Programs in OS X - Lyuokdea

1. What is an auto-run program in OS X?

An auto-run program in OS X is a software application that automatically launches and starts running when the computer is turned on or when a specific event occurs. This allows for quick and convenient access to frequently used programs without the need to manually launch them.

2. How do I set up an auto-run program in OS X?

To set up an auto-run program in OS X, go to the System Preferences and select "Users & Groups." Then, click on your user account and go to the "Login Items" tab. From there, click on the "+" button to add the desired program to your auto-run list.

3. Can I choose which programs to auto-run in OS X?

Yes, you can choose which programs to auto-run in OS X by going to the "Login Items" tab in the System Preferences and selecting the program you want to add or remove from the list. You can also use the "-" button to remove a program from the auto-run list.

4. How do I disable an auto-run program in OS X?

To disable an auto-run program in OS X, go to the "Login Items" tab in the System Preferences and uncheck the box next to the program you want to disable. This will prevent the program from automatically launching when you turn on your computer.

5. Can I schedule specific times for auto-run programs in OS X?

No, there is no built-in feature in OS X to schedule specific times for auto-run programs. However, you can use third-party software or scripts to achieve this functionality.