Your help is needed on this question lil to hard for me

• Thread starter travishillier
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hard
In summary, Markita needs to fence a rectangular plot of land with an area of 500m^2. She has 100m of fencing and only 3 sides need to be fenced since the lake forms the fourth side. Using the equations 2a+b=100 and ab=500, the dimensions of the plot of land can be found.
travishillier
Heres the question ... your help is greatly needed and appreciated ...

Markita wants to fence a rectangular plot of land along side the shore of a lake. Only 3 sides must be fenced, since the lake will form teh lake will form teh fourth side. Markita had 100m of fencing, and she wants the plot of land to have an area of 500m^2 (squared). Find teh dimensions of the plot of land, to the nearest tenth of a metre. Expalin and justify your solution.

Theres thequestion , lmk what u can do to help me out ... Thx

Physics news on Phys.org
basically, we know that 2a+b=100, meaning that the 2 sides opposite each other (that are also equal) plus the third side will equal 100 feet of fencing.
We also know that ab=500, as the area of a rectangle is found by multiplying adjacent sides. Solve the system.

Gah! Please don't triple post either!

cookiemonster

woah now... spamming...

1. What is the specific question you need help with?

The specific question is, "Your help is needed on this question lil to hard for me."

2. What subject or topic does this question pertain to?

This question pertains to a general difficulty in understanding a specific topic or subject.

3. Can you provide any additional information or context about the question?

Unfortunately, no additional information or context was provided with the question. It is simply a statement asking for help with a difficult question.

4. What level of expertise is required to answer this question?

The level of expertise required to answer this question is not specified. It could range from basic knowledge to advanced understanding, depending on the difficulty of the question.

5. How can I assist in answering this question?

One way to assist in answering this question is to provide resources or guidance on how to approach difficult questions. It may also be helpful to ask for clarification on the topic or to break down the question into smaller, more manageable parts.