Set of linear equations and simultaneous linear equations

In summary, the conversation discusses whether a set of x linear equations is the same as x simultaneous linear equations. It is concluded that it depends on the rule for the set and if the x number of variables are relevant to describe the system. There may be nuances and finer details to consider, but it is generally accepted that they are the same.
nobahar
Hello!
Quick and silly question; my apologies, but it shouldn't take to long to answer!
Is a set of x linear equations the same as x simultaneous linear equations?
I'm pretty sure they are, but are there any nuances I'm overlooking? Is there any thing that can be considered one but not the other?
Many thanks,
Nobahar.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Only thing I could think of is if they had different variables.

Ah! Thanks JonF.

Is a set of x linear equations the same as x simultaneous linear equations?

This depends on the rule for the set. The set of equations which belongs to a system would be a collection of simultaneous equations. If this is the case under consideration, then the answer is Yes. This assumes that the x number of variables are relevant to this set of equations to describe the system.

The best that I can understand what you are asking is that, Yes! More advanced forum members can more fully examine the finer details.

Thanks symbolipoint.

Related to Set of linear equations and simultaneous linear equations

1. What is a set of linear equations?

A set of linear equations is a group of equations that involve variables with an exponent of 1 and are connected by addition or subtraction. The solution to the set of equations is the values of the variables that make all the equations true simultaneously.

2. How do you solve a set of linear equations?

To solve a set of linear equations, you can use a variety of methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. These methods involve manipulating the equations to isolate one variable and then using that to solve for the other variables.

3. What is a simultaneous linear equation?

A simultaneous linear equation is a set of linear equations that are solved together, with the same set of variables. This means that the solutions to the equations must satisfy all of the equations at the same time.

4. How many solutions can a set of linear equations have?

A set of linear equations can have one, infinite, or no solutions. One solution means that there is a unique set of values that satisfies all the equations, infinite solutions means that any value for one variable will satisfy the equations, and no solution means that there is no set of values that make all the equations true.

5. What are some real-life applications of simultaneous linear equations?

Simultaneous linear equations are commonly used in various fields such as engineering, economics, and physics. They can be used to model and solve problems involving multiple variables and constraints, such as finding the optimal solution for a production process or determining the intersection point of two moving objects.