Series investigation: divergence/convergence

In summary, the conversation revolves around showing the convergence or divergence of a given series using various estimates and criteria. The poster is unsure if they have solved the problem correctly and asks for feedback. Another user suggests using Latex to post equations and provides a link for learning more. The poster expresses difficulty in finding the Latex Guide, but eventually finds it and thanks the user.
physicisttobe
Homework Statement
Series (convergence/divergence)
Relevant Equations
Hi everyone!
It's about the following task: show the convergence or divergence of the following series (combine estimates and
criteria).

I am not sure if I have solved the problem correctly. Can you guys help me? Is there anything I need to correct? I look forward to your feedback.
89FB95E5-A4D2-4861-AF3B-DB0C37F79752.jpeg

Likes nuuskur and FactChecker
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks fine. If you want to post more problems you may want to learn Latex. See the help pages.

Likes vela
For example:
$$\sum_{k=1}^{\infty}\frac{k^3}{(k^2+2)^2}$$

Thank you for your response PeroK! So everything was calculated correct, right?
And yes, I'll try Latex. But how do I have to proceed? I don't find the button for Latex in this forum.

physicisttobe said:
Thank you for your response PeroK! So everything was calculated correct, right?
And yes, I'll try Latex. But how do I have to proceed? I don't find the button for Latex in this forum.
You just type it in. The icon on the top right gives you a preview.

physicisttobe said:
Thank you for learning to post equations using LaTeX. You can click the "LaTeX Guide" link below the Edit window to learn more. :smile:

You can also quote a post to see what they did to get latex in their post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Hi berkeman!
I can't find the Latex Guide. Where is the edit window? I'm quite new in this forum.

Edit: Okay, I found it right now :biggrin: thank you

Are you on a phone or your laptop? On a laptop with Firefox browser, I see this:

1669054488079.png

Related to Series investigation: divergence/convergence

What is series investigation?

Series investigation is a mathematical process used to determine whether a series (a sequence of numbers) converges or diverges. This is important in calculus and other areas of mathematics.

What is convergence?

Convergence is when a series approaches a specific number or value as more terms are added. In other words, the series gets closer and closer to a certain value, but may never actually reach it.

What is divergence?

Divergence is when a series does not approach a specific number or value as more terms are added. In this case, the series may increase or decrease without ever reaching a specific value.

How is convergence or divergence determined?

Convergence or divergence is determined by applying specific tests, such as the ratio test or the integral test, to the series. These tests help determine whether the series will approach a specific value or not.

Why is series investigation important?

Series investigation is important because it allows us to understand the behavior of a series and determine whether it will approach a specific value or not. This information is useful in many areas of mathematics, including calculus, statistics, and engineering.