What's your opinion on X2 X-Men United?

• Thread starter Nicool003
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is mainly about the movie X-Men 2 and people's opinions of it. Some people think it is better than the first X-Men, while others think it is disappointing and only filled with fighting scenes. There is also some discussion about the ending and potential sequels. The conversation also touches on the movie Star Trek 2 and the character Rogue's powers. Overall, there are mixed opinions about the movie, with some people looking forward to potential sequels and others being disappointed.
Nicool003
Qhat did you think of the movie? I am going to see it in 2 hours so I'll be able to jion the discussion after that.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's entertaining to say the least. Better than the first x-men. I am looking forward to the third installment.

I liked the first one better myself.

BTW, have you seen Star Trek 2? :smile:

I thought it was entertaining.

Someone clue in a non-comic book dork type person: What is Rogue's (the cute chick with the cool hair) power?

Rogue absorbs the life force of others through touch. Depending on the duration of contact she can gain their memories and personality traits. In the case of a mutant, she also (temporarily) absorbs their mutant ability.

Of course, having your life force drained causes side effects; in less than a minute she can put you into a coma or even kill you.

In the old comics, she was originally a villian and had actually killed a heroine this way (and, by some quirk, permamently absorbed her abilities and memories), that is why she flies around and is so strong in the old comics.

Originally posted by Nicool003
Qhat did you think of the movie? I am going to see it in 2 hours so I'll be able to jion the discussion after that.

I loved it. I even liked it better than the first one. Along with the Matrix: Reloaded, I'd say this is the best movie of the last couple of years.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
It's entertaining to say the least. Better than the first x-men. I am looking forward to the third installment.
What third instalment Greg? I saw Bryan Singer say that he wants to do a couple of small movies next. I am not aware of any announcement of another X-Men movie.

Two people in front of me took the LAST TWO TICKETS! It was very rainy yesterday so everyone went to see a movie... and i couldnt. The next show was two hours away so I couldn't see it but I'm looking forward to it! seeing it this weekend (hopefully)

my friends told me that the story is not good ... i will watch it today and see

als matrix reloaded doesn't have that good story as mtrix 1 i watched it and most of it was fighting !

Originally posted by Laser Eyes
What third instalment Greg? I saw Bryan Singer say that he wants to do a couple of small movies next. I am not aware of any announcement of another X-Men movie.

Actually, I have heard Mr. Singer say that he plans to make a few more actual sequels (almost a sort of "series of movies").

Oh man, X-Men 2 was so awe-inspiring, I was so filled with joy that I almost cried

The Matrix 2, on the other hand, was very disappointing.. the fight scenes are as corney as they were in the last movie (Don't believe me? You can ruin the movie(s) for yourself forever by watching the fight scenes without sound), and the dialogue/plot was very wooden and poorly-connected, and the end leaves me feeling like they had one moderately-long movie, then just stretched it thin and cut it in half to make two movies, one of which won't be out for a while yet

I really expected Neo to do awesome stuff, like when people charge at him for him to just wave his hand and make them dissolve with some nifty effects or something, but instead he just had to beat them up by hand/with weapons, like in the first movie before the end

On the plus side, however, they didn't slaughter any innocent people in this movie, so it wasn't all bad

All in all, I really don't understand how people could say that "Well, X-Men 2 might very well give the second Matrix movie a run for its money" when "The Matrix Reloaded" was every bit as bad as the pun in its title

Oh, wait, I guess that it'll probably make more raw money just because of how popular the first one was

I heard the matrix 2 was a horrible ending and that the story line (like someone else mentioned) was not really there and that it was mostly fighting branching off from the first movie. I find it hard to believe that it has made over 200,000,000!

i thought it was pretty cool. i liked the pheonix (pheonix is what jean grey has become you know (she didn't really die). if they're going to make a next one it'll be really good, i think. APOCALYPSE had better be in it!

Originally posted by maximus
i thought it was pretty cool. i liked the pheonix (pheonix is what jean grey has become you know (she didn't really die). if they're going to make a next one it'll be really good, i think. APOCALYPSE had better be in it!

That's a spoiler for those that haven't seen the movie yet , but now that you've brought it up, what's the Pheonix (I haven't read the comic in forever)?

But I agree, it would be cool to have Apocalypse in it. He's the robot that's completely indesctructible, right?

I liked the Matrix 2. Granted the fact that it ends with "Too Be Continued..." was a bit disappointing. But the first two Back to the Future movies ended the same way.

Originally posted by zk4586
I liked the Matrix 2. Granted the fact that it ends with "Too Be Continued..." was a bit disappointing. But the first two Back to the Future movies ended the same way.

Good point. I didn't mind the ending at all, as it left my stoked for the third one.

I don't understand why so many people here disliked the Matrix:Reloaded, but I loved it.

P.S. I also loved X2, which is what the thread is about, btw.

Originally posted by Mentat
But I agree, it would be cool to have Apocalypse in it. He's the robot that's completely indesctructible, right?

that he is. and not only that he has (on his body) every weapon imaginable. i always loved the bad guys...

that he is. and not only that he has (on his body) every weapon imaginable. i always loved the bad guys...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to like some of the good guys too, but for the most part, my favorites were the villains.

Sorry to bring up an older topic but Long Live the X-Men!

Greg, what about X-Men avatars?

1. What is your overall opinion on X2 X-Men United?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a personal opinion on the film. However, I can analyze the scientific accuracy and effectiveness of the film's portrayal of mutant abilities and technology.

2. Is the portrayal of mutant abilities in X2 X-Men United scientifically accurate?

While some aspects of the mutant abilities may have a basis in real science, the exaggerated and fantastical elements depicted in the film are not currently supported by scientific evidence. However, as a fictional film, artistic license is often taken for the sake of entertainment.

3. Are there any scientific flaws or inaccuracies in X2 X-Men United?

As with any sci-fi film, there may be some scientific inaccuracies or leaps in logic. It is important to remember that the primary purpose of the film is to entertain, not to be scientifically accurate. Therefore, it is not uncommon for films to take creative liberties for the sake of storytelling.

4. How does the technology portrayed in X2 X-Men United compare to current scientific advancements?

The technology depicted in the film may seem advanced and futuristic, but many of the concepts and technologies portrayed already exist in some form today. However, the capabilities and limitations of these technologies may be exaggerated for the purpose of the film.

5. Can the events and scenarios in X2 X-Men United actually happen in real life?

As a work of fiction, the events and scenarios depicted in X2 X-Men United are not based on real-life occurrences. While some elements may be inspired by real science, the overall plot and events are purely fictional and not scientifically possible.