A Look into Technology in the Year 4000

In summary: TV!In summary, I predict that by the year 4000, technology will essentially be magic to us. Flying cars, no war, cricket solved wars, everyone will be connected, people will live past 400 years, video games will be subliminal, and we will have rebuilt Mars. However, I also predict that wars will become more common and more devastating, and that one country will have a monkey as its leader.
Viper
WHat do you think the technology will be in the year 4000?

my top five
1 flying cars
2 No war solve wars by playing cricket
3 The whole world will be connected by teleporters
4 people will live past 400
5 Video games will be subliminal

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think the tech of the year 2100 is difficult enough to predict. By the year 4000, technology will essentially be magic to us.

Njorl

To me, cricket is difficult enough just now.

Your killing me viper! we have much more potential! We will probably have rebuilt mars, teach schools on mars, be traveling far into space and going to other galaxies, you know stuff like that!

Whats so confusing about cricket

most likely we'll have blown up the planet and/or the solar system by then.

cricket's really only baseball, but more british.

I doubt there will be live on this planet..

one thing is for sure tho.. we will have more WMDs.

Everyone's forgotten time travel! and faster than light travel! How cool would that be??!
What if we actually traveled around the whole Milky Way? Then what?

Originally posted by MajinVegeta
Everyone's forgotten time travel! and faster than light travel! How cool would that be??!
What if we actually traveled around the whole Milky Way? Then what?

that will come in about 100-200 years when the next einstein cames along...

Ok maybe not cricket but if there still is a world there will be no more war and it is settled by a sport or event.

Maybe PF Version 5465.35 ... and Admistrated By One of Greg Grand Sons ...

and faster than light travel! How cool would that be??!

That would be awesome! I was thinking that when I said space travel but I shuolda said it!

Maybe PF Version 5465.35 ... and Admistrated By One of Greg Grand Sons

LOL that would be great!

Originally posted by Viper
WHat do you think the technology will be in the year 4000?

I'm not sure, but do I hope the world is overrun by crazed midgets wearing stan laurel masks who enjoy terrorising the populace with cattle prods. Futuristic cattle prods, for futuristic cattle (my nod of acknowledgment to the title of the forum).

In fact, I hope that that's what the world will look like tomorrow.

It would be nice to think that the endeavours of Humanity have been leading up to something like that.

Do you think humans will still rule the world!?

Do you think humans will still rule the world!?

no.. our unbeaten path of the future will be rittled with wars and destruction. Our history is to violent and it is part of our mindset and would take millions of years to change..

so.. yeah.

Originally posted by Zargawee
Maybe PF Version 5465.35 ... and Admistrated By One of Greg Grand Sons ...
Haha, that's a good one.
I love speculating about the future of humanity. I like options 1, 2 and 4.

My guess is that in the next 100 years alone, we will make amazing strides in medicine. Hopefully we'll also have quantum computers.

Space travel 'a la Star Trek' just doesn't do it for me. There's still so much to discover here on our own little planet.

Ok maybe not cricket but if there still is a world there will be no more war and it is settled by a sport or event.

I disagree.

I think wars will become more common and more devestating. If some differences between people on our own planet can't be resolved withought a war then I think it will get a lot worse when people have colonised the entire galaxy. People would just be able to destroy a whole planet withought it harming themselves and there would be many more differences to argue over. :frown:

Originally posted by jb
most likely we'll have blown up the planet and/or the solar system by then.

cricket's really only baseball, but more british.
come on lad, you know us humanS! there's no Earth about it! if we go extinct we are going to go extinct in style :D:D:D

yeah, and in the year 4000!

- Coronation street will be in its 2040th year!
- Tvs will be inbuilt into us when we are born.
- Our genetically enhanced bodys will have telepath capabilitys. capable of controlling the mind and solid matter!
- We will be able to transport to Mars and back will the press of a button.
- Well all be wearing cool space suits.
- Star Trek 600 will be premiering (with, of course, far fancier technology than the 40th century has to offer!)
- PIE Will be the best (and only) food!
- At least one country (if countrys are still around) will have a monkey as its leader (no jokes about current day USA please :P).

:)

Last edited:
I think that Ians great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson will rule the world. No jokes about the current Us president or Uk prime minister please!

i always wanted to see what Earth would look like in the year 4040. i can picture Earth have many many many space stations, most being attached to Earth with space elevaters, since it only takes 100 years to heat up Mars I am sure there will be many cities on mars. we will also have many things on the moon and we will probably have been to europa. (and hopefully found life there). i just wish so badly that i can see these things happen. more than anything. more than a thirteen year old boy ever should. i don't think anyone wants to live these things as much as i do so i would risk freezing my self at the age of 50. (of course if chriogenics were sucsessful)

we'll all be dead

1 thing regins supreme

MacTech said:
no.. our unbeaten path of the future will be rittled with wars and destruction. Our history is to violent and it is part of our mindset and would take millions of years to change..

so.. yeah.

Thats almost sure, w/o wars we might not have evolved as we're now, consider all the technological and scientefic advances and tick out all things which had/have /will have military implications...
and I'm sure you'll be left with less than 25% of it...

We as a species have a character to settle things aggressively...

see, claws(nails) ->clubs ->spears ->pikes->swords->muskets->rifles->gatling guns->what next ray guns?

Remember, even food processing was developed to aid the Marching Armies...

And technology is still to a very large means supported/sponcered/controlled by the Militaries of the Nations...

Any one with a fail intelluct CAN link the technologies you may point to military applications...

And of course it will take a lot of years than 4000AD to root out...

(i seriously doubt about nuclear anhilation, but seriously fear ecological disasters in chain reaction...leading to extinction)

1. What advancements in technology can we expect to see in the year 4000?

In the year 4000, we can expect to see a variety of technological advancements, such as advanced artificial intelligence, interstellar travel, and potentially even teleportation. These advancements will greatly enhance our daily lives and push the boundaries of what we thought was possible.

2. How will technology in the year 4000 impact society?

The impact of technology in the year 4000 on society will be significant. It will likely lead to increased efficiency, productivity, and convenience. However, it may also bring about ethical and societal challenges, such as job displacement and privacy concerns.

3. Will there be any limitations to technology in the year 4000?

While it is difficult to predict the specific limitations of technology in the year 4000, it is safe to assume that there will still be limitations. Despite advanced technology, there will always be challenges and obstacles to overcome. Additionally, there may be ethical and moral limitations that prevent certain technologies from being developed.

4. How will technology in the year 4000 affect the environment?

Technology in the year 4000 will likely have a significant impact on the environment. It is possible that advanced technology will be able to mitigate some of the effects of climate change, but it may also contribute to further environmental degradation. It will be crucial for society to carefully consider the environmental impact of new technologies and find ways to make them sustainable.

5. Will humans still be the dominant species in the year 4000 with advanced technology?

It is difficult to say for certain, but it is likely that humans will still be the dominant species in the year 4000, even with advanced technology. However, it is possible that with advancements in artificial intelligence and genetic engineering, humans may coexist with other intelligent species or potentially even merge with them. This raises important ethical and moral questions that will need to be addressed in the future.