Sensor data,need to be used by labview, through usb port only

• Thread starter mujtaba1990
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sensor Usb
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of sensor data in LabVIEW through a USB port. The speaker mentions an assignment requiring them to pick up data from a sensor and use it in LabVIEW through a DAC using USB. They also mention seeking guidance on USB protocols and mention "labjack" and NI DAQ devices as potential options. They mention that parallel and series ports are not suitable due to their slow data rate. The speaker then asks for recommendations on devices to use.
mujtaba1990
sensor data,need to be used by labview, through "usb port" only

hi,
i have got an assignment.
i need to pick up the data from sensor,and then, through dac usng usb port,data has to be used in labview.
but,can anyone guide me, regarding usb portocols.

devices available in markets, having same concepts behind are "labjack" and NI DAQ devices.

parallel and series port are not allowed to be used because of their slow data rate.
wait for your kind reply.
thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org

What devices are you currently looking at?

Note: Do not post the same thing four times!

Related to Sensor data,need to be used by labview, through usb port only

1. How do I collect sensor data using Labview through a USB port?

In order to collect sensor data using Labview, you will need to first connect your sensors to a data acquisition device that is compatible with Labview. Then, you can use Labview's built-in VIs or create your own custom VI to read the sensor data through the USB port.

2. Can I use any type of sensor with Labview through a USB port?

As long as your sensor is compatible with the data acquisition device and Labview, you should be able to use it to collect data through the USB port. However, it is always best to check the specifications and compatibility of your sensors before beginning any data collection.

3. Do I need any additional software or drivers to use Labview with a USB port?

Most data acquisition devices will come with the necessary drivers and software to use with Labview. However, if you are using a custom or specialized device, you may need to install additional drivers. It is always best to consult the manufacturer's instructions for any required software or drivers.

4. Can I transfer the sensor data collected through Labview to a computer?

Yes, you can transfer the sensor data collected through Labview to a computer through the USB port. Labview has built-in functions that allow you to save and export data in various formats, such as CSV or Excel, for further analysis on a computer.

5. Is it possible to control the sensors through Labview using the USB port?

Yes, Labview allows you to not only collect data, but also control the sensors connected through the USB port. This can be achieved through custom VIs or by using Labview's built-in functions and tools. However, it is important to ensure that your data acquisition device and sensors support the necessary control capabilities.