Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Sending PMs to Staff Doesn't Work

Rehan

Sep 3, 2012
Hi all,

I am trying to send a PM to Jameson but the site continues to not allow me to do this. It says because I have less than 5 posts I can only send PMs to the staff however when I do try to PM Jameson it keeps giving me the same message and does not allow my PM to be submitted.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all,

I am trying to send a PM to Jameson but the site continues to not allow me to do this. It says because I have less than 5 posts I can only send PMs to the staff however when I do try to PM Jameson it keeps giving me the same message and does not allow my PM to be submitted.
Hi Rehan,

I'm not sure what is going on exactly since as far as I know these settings have been working for quite some time, but thank you for letting us know and I apologize for the inconvenience. I've manually changed your post count to above 5 so you can send PMs until we figure out what is causing the error. Please try sending me a message again. :)

Jameson

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
After reading a commentary thread on the modification we use for changing permissions based on post count, it seems this is a problem that began with the vB 4.2.0 update some time ago and hasn't been fixed. We will need to either find another modification or disable this feature. Will post back when we decide what's best.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Found a fix for this and it seems to be working. :) Always nice to be able to fix something instead of finding a workaround. I'm marking this thread [SOLVED] for now.